Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-12-2012, 01:30 AM   #1
caineroad

Drives: 06 Yaris HB CE
New spring out in the market!?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Toyota-Yaris-...#ht_3914wt_988

Are they good?? anyone using them? they are the cheapest on ebay!
caineroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
seth_man

Drives: 08 Liftback
nothing that is "cheapest on Ebay" can be any good. they look like no name chinese springs to me.
seth_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
packetrace

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by seth_man View Post
nothing that is "cheapest on Ebay" can be any good. they look like no name chinese springs to me.
+1
Exterior:RTX scorpion painted GOLD, side and rear visor, oem spoiler, MI mesh grill, Hella supertone horn, RS badge, Vios badge, CF pillar, Led mirror cover, fog light HID 3000k, Projector retrofit HID 8000K
Performance :MI CrankPulley, Tein springs, UR and TRD bar, TURBO IN PROGRESS
Audio : Pionner DEH-80PRS, HAT L1V2, PowerBass 1100.5X 5 channel amp
packetrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #4
racerb

Drives: 2010 Yaris HB Blazin' Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by caineroad View Post
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Toyota-Yaris-...#ht_3914wt_988

Are they good?? anyone using them? they are the cheapest on ebay!
Best idea, buy a set and give them a try! I bought a set of Drop-Zone coilovers that were from ebay, have worked surprising well on my Celica, much better than price would suggest.
'98 Rav4L
'01 Tundra SR5
racerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
racerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth_man View Post
Said the same thing about these Universal Camber Plates, but with a little mod work and tweaking have worked out great!!

'98 Rav4L
'01 Tundra SR5

Last edited by racerb; 06-12-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
they really aren't that cheap man.

if you go to microimage they are only about $25 more for his cheapest. his are free shipping.

ebay ones ~$75 +$55 shipping = $130
garm ones ~$150 +$0 shipping = $150 ++++tech info in case of issues.

I'd just call garm.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #7
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post
if you go to microimage they are only about $25 more for his cheapest. his are free shipping.
OP is in Canada. Unfortunately free shipping does not extend beyond continental US.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #8
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
If you want the cheapest, with no support after your purchase, go for it. If one spring is not wound quite right, or 1/2" shorter or longer, or the paint/powdercoating has flaws -- good luck with that.

What you get with us is knowing 100% that it will be right, or that we will make it right if it isn't. And knowing that we have 100 sets of our springs out there with only one return for defects or flaws. Customer's choice!

Example:
The eBay ad says "Springs lower approximately 1.5 " Front & 1.5" Rear." AND it says "Lower Rate: 1.25" Front / 1.25" Rear"

Further the $55 shipping is UPS -- you will get killed on duties and fees that way. (USPS is more according to their eBay listing)
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #9
BEEF

didn't realize the shipping thing but I still like MI for what they offer.

I learned my lesson on an ebay intake (garm got an order from me this morning).
Old 06-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #10
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
you get what you pay for...
Old 06-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #11
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
you get what you pay for...
This. I'd go with springs from Micro Image.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #12
racerb

You guys remind me of most Parents today, want let the kids go out and find out for themselves something can hurt you, or is bad for you!! I believe in supporting our Sponsors 100%, but if we always talk others out of wasting their money, how we really gonna know what products to avoid or which ones are Ok! Yes I may have riden my bike one too many times without a helmet and maybe played a few too many rounds of Lawn Darts, but at least I learned my leason. Come on guys, give free thinking and low quality Chiness made imports a chance, it's the American way!! LOL
'98 Rav4L
'01 Tundra SR5
Old 06-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #13
BEEF

AWW HELL!!!!!!! BUY IT!!!!!!!

seriously though, after doing the spring install (with inadequate tools or facility) I really never want to do that again. it was worth it and I put descent(ish) springs on mine (H+R) and I really like the difference.

if you want to roll the dice, go for it.
maybe it is a diamond in the rough.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #14
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
I'm all for low-cost parts, when it isn't a crucial part of your car. I just bought a Chinese vacuum block for $20 versus spending $100+ on a brand name - but it's a piece of aluminum that holds air, not a major component to my car's suspension.

And I'm not repping Garm because he's a vendor, I'm repping Garm because he sells good, quality, proven suspension components (and backs them all up if any issues were to arise.)
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #15
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

I said "if you want the cheapest.... go for it." Was there something unclear about that?

By the way, buying products from other (especially overseas) vendors is, by definition, not "supporting our Sponsors 100%". Just to be clear about it.

The OP can do whatever he wants. He posted three questions to get opinions; how about we answer them directly and simply:

Are they good?? ** UNKNOWN anyone using them? ** NOT THAT I KNOW OF they are the cheapest on ebay! ** PROBABLY

Quote:
You guys remind me of most Parents today, want let the kids go out and find out for themselves something can hurt you, or is bad for you!! I believe in supporting our Sponsors 100%, but if we always talk others out of wasting their money, how we really gonna know what products to avoid or which ones are Ok! Yes I may have riden my bike one too many times without a helmet and maybe played a few too many rounds of Lawn Darts, but at least I learned my leason. Come on guys, give free thinking and low quality Chiness made imports a chance, it's the American way!! LOL
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #16
racerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
I said "if you want the cheapest.... go for it." Was there something unclear about that?

By the way, buying products from other (especially overseas) vendors is, by definition, not "supporting our Sponsors 100%". Just to be clear about it.

The OP can do whatever he wants. He posted three questions to get opinions; how about we answer them directly and simply:

Are they good?? ** UNKNOWN anyone using them? ** NOT THAT I KNOW OF they are the cheapest on ebay! ** PROBABLY
Wow Dude I'm glad I was just joking, you really need to look into Decaf, very touchy!

I support you guys 100%, like I said, but there are times when we have to go the JDM or even the UK route to get parts. Like I've said before, with the Celica I'm building theres very little availible right here in the USA, so off-shore vendors are the only option.

If you continue to be offended by everything I say in joking, then I'll just keep my mouth shut and let the Group find out from others that might not have experienced car building for over 30 years!!
'98 Rav4L
'01 Tundra SR5
Old 06-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #17
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

How would one know that was a joke? You're right - I'm too serious. AND a parent.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #18
my2sense

Drives: 2007 Red 5dr RS
These almost look like my M2 springs that I bought of ebay a few months back for $99 shipped. I paired them with a set of Tokico Blues (from Garm ) and they have been working great.

I'm not saying they are the same but they sure look suspiciously like them though. Or maybe someone went and copycat the M2 springs, lol.
my2sense is offline   Reply With Quote