Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-06-2008, 12:50 AM   #37
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
my nuts are in a C-clamp right now until I get word on some work I'm having done
ok first of all, ewww... that sort of made me ache in a very deep, very wrong place.

ok, I get the name thing and also if it's less expensive where you are. Plus, they send you all the parts, you just put the thing together -- pretty cool.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:10 AM   #38
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
finished the install of the cross brace , tightened everything down , enlarged seat belt solts to clear the bars and re-installed plastic covers . Also picked up a nitto rear stb from Garm fits real nice , just had to trim the plastic strut cap/covers to clear the stb mounts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0501.JPG (175.6 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0503.JPG (177.3 KB, 147 views)
blacksandiegovitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:37 AM   #39
heeroyuy01195
Post count means nothing.

Drives: AW11, NCP91, Old Motorcycles
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksandiegovitz View Post
finished the install of the cross brace , tightened everything down , enlarged seat belt solts to clear the bars and re-installed plastic covers . Also picked up a nitto rear stb from Garm fits real nice , just had to trim the plastic strut cap/covers to clear the stb mounts.
that's just beautiful....
heeroyuy01195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:51 AM   #40
Gideon
★weeaboo★

Drives: 2008 Bayou LB
Wow, that's a lot of bars!
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:42 AM   #41
Treyz
~ ambient one ~

Drives: 2009 Bayou Yaris Liftback

I'm in love .. but it's a shame that I don't get paid much let alone every other week.

ambientlifestyle.com------------ambientlifestyle.ning.com

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
microimageonline.com------------microimage.ning.com
Treyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:25 AM   #42
falkor_99

Drives: 07 Yaris Blue HB
Send a message via AIM to falkor_99
THAT IS JUST AMAZINGLY SUPER AWESOME
falkor_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:42 PM   #43
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Shiny!! Great job!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:04 PM   #44
turboyaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to turboyaris
wait... so let me get this striaght, you WANT to buy that cusco roll cage? and its 1200$... you do see that that is a BOLT-TOGETHER roll cage, as well as a BOLT-IN... kinda makes it like just a piece of show... The only piece in that that will really stiffen the chassis is the main hoop, which is required to be one piece, and if you are planning on racing, I don't remember the rules, but I don't believe the main hoop is allowed to have seven bends, thats just a little silly. I understand that its there to keep the interior in one piece, but a bolt together roll cage is silly.

Quote:
in california everything is cheaper.. it's like 2k out hear on the east coast and the only one who I know who builds them is one of the guys down at e-town. I'd rather pay themoney for the roll cage if it goes around the dash and doesn't require much modification of the interior. However, for the price, you can't beat that cross brace.
travel a little further then e-town and you could talk me into doing it cheaper :)
turboyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:45 PM   #45
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

probably good to start a new thread on this, we're jacking sandiegovitz' moment in the sun!
Old 12-07-2008, 12:59 AM   #46
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

Drives: 06 Mazda Miata
Send a message via AIM to RacerFreakXXX
lol.. as far as I know cusco roll cages are d1 street legal so idk if they would still be legal for track but it does it's job... not as well as something welded into the chassis but i'm not going to be tracking the car too much and not planning on actually racing it.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:00 AM   #47
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
give whole new meaning to the expression "behind bars"

It looks pretty badass!!!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:02 PM   #48
whooppee777
I used to have 1700 posts

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Send a message via AIM to whooppee777
Quote:
Need to trim the interior pieces to clear the seatbelt mounting hardware and make a flat cover out of thin plywood to cover the spare tire hole. Fits good but needed to cut a piece of metal out of the spare tire area to clear the bottom bar.
I'm pretty sure you installed it improperly. cuz when i installed mine last night i didnt need to trim any metal at all.

I mounted the horizontal bar where you mounted the bottom points of the X bars. mounting it this way allows it to clear the metal hump that i am assuming you trimmed.

not sure about trimming interior pieces where the seat belts mount cuz i removed my back seat and seatbelts saved a lot of weight, i can feel the difference in acceleration.

SUPERCHARGER GOES ON TONIGHT!

whooppee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:06 PM   #49
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

whooppeee, I don't think you can install it your way AND keep the back seats.

Jay got it installed with the seats in place, and as far as I could tell that metal hump will get in the way with that configuration.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:53 PM   #50
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
what kind of tools are needed to trim the metal and how do i do it? ill be looking forward to doing this on tuesday night. :)
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:47 PM   #51
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by whooppee777 View Post
I'm pretty sure you installed it improperly. cuz when i installed mine last night i didnt need to trim any metal at all.

I mounted the horizontal bar where you mounted the bottom points of the X bars. mounting it this way allows it to clear the metal hump that i am assuming you trimmed.

not sure about trimming interior pieces where the seat belts mount cuz i removed my back seat and seatbelts saved a lot of weight, i can feel the difference in acceleration.

SUPERCHARGER GOES ON TONIGHT!
Um , no...
Post pictures of how yours is installed bro , also stop talkin' bout installing that S/c and get to it already
Old 02-23-2009, 12:15 AM   #52
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
hey, i want to keep my seats and put this in, so do i HAVE to trim that piece down? also can someone take some pics of the bolt holes where eatch part mounts so i can get a visual before i install this?
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:32 AM   #53
whooppee777
I used to have 1700 posts

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Send a message via AIM to whooppee777
ok i understand.

u installed it that way to keep the back seats.

but back seats were not an issue to me cuz i was taking them out and leaving them out.

i'll post pix tomorrow night. and vids of supercharger too.

whooppee777 is offline   Reply With Quote