Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
otterhere

Drives: 2008 Yaris 3-door Meteorite
Decals and Carwashes

I guess this is a(nother) dumb question from me, but... I've never applied decals, bumper stickers, or anything but a license plate to my car. Being in the throes of a midlife crisis, however, in which I've been sorely tempted to trade in my very sensible silver Yaris for flashy sports-car type thing, I've decided instead to "jazz" up the Yaris (accessorizing is everything). So, do they stay ON in the carwash and all kinds of weather (for years) and, if you decide to take them off, do they come OFF? The ones I'm considering as sold as "auto stickers/decals" and are shown on the rear window, but can also be used on the body (they say). If I decide to keep it, don't want to ruin it!
otterhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
bitz767

Drives: 2010 Black Manual 3 door
I have mine all tricked out with stickers on the windows and actual vinyl stripes on the car. The stripes started to fade after year 2 so I replaced them recently. I left it out in the sun all day and they came off beautifully. I have also taken it through many car washes without problem. I would say dont worry.
bitz767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
I have never had an issue with stickers on any of my cars as long as they are vinyls and not cheapy paper based products. I have stickers on windows, roof rack, and have sticker bomb'd my emblems and they have all stayed on through car washes, a few tropical storms, and the daily rain that Florida gets. If applying the sticker to any area other than the windows, you may want to consider clear coating them. Again not necessary though.

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:36 AM   #4
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
worst comes to it, you have to buy goo gone to get rid of residue. otherwise, try it out. you will like it.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:45 AM   #5
Profotoiam

Drives: yaris
i had a dont be a dick sticker on my pedo van once some dick decided to rip it off for me
Profotoiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:45 AM   #6
otterhere

Drives: 2008 Yaris 3-door Meteorite
I know; someone suggested magnet "stickers" instead, but these are going to be, you know, CUTE, and I would fully expect someone to walk off with them (?). Not like the big, fugly RIBBONS you see everywhere (I would in no ways put those on my car, but).

Got it, and THANKS!
otterhere is offline   Reply With Quote