Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
Toy_Yoda

Drives: 2006 Scion xb
Water Injection

I'm sure the topic must have be discussed before, but is anyone running a water injection system?
Toy_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
07stlYaris
If Its Not Blown It Sucks

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Meteorite
Water injection has sort of been superceded by water/methanol injection and straight methanol injection. The typical use for water injection is to prevent detonation at high compression ratios or to cool the charge air on forced induction setups. Better to introduce a solution that has measureable energy as opposed to water. Methanol has the same cooling effect on the charge air but also burns and provides a little power so "More bang for the buck". I've had both and they do prevent detonation but an intercooler is a way better option unless you have a Blitz. A laminova style setup could possibly be machined into the Blitz manifold but it would be tight and maybe not enough surface area to really help.
07stlYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #3
Toy_Yoda

Drives: 2006 Scion xb
Thanks for bringing me into the 21st century. I went to the Laminova website and quickly broused how thier system works and was very impressed. I plan on going back there when I have time to read in greater depth. As far as the methanol injection goes, I doubt I'd need to go that route until I upgrade the internals. My thought on water injection was to use regular+ grade fuel instead of premium at a modest boost. The car is my dayley driver for now.
Toy_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Pretty sure that is why a few used methanol injection. It allows you to use the blitz and 87 octane gas with no detonation.