Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-27-2020, 08:13 AM   #1
thebensho
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 Yaris Base Hatch
Question Yaris S "Conversion"

Hey Guys!

First time posting here! I bought a 2008 5spd Yaris S 3dr Hatch about 3 years ago, and have absolutely fallen in love with the Yaris...just not necessarily the one that I bought haha. Long story short, it's a rust bucket. I didn't even know how rare the S was, and now I'm looking for another Yaris hatch (same generation) that I can swap all the new parts onto that I've collected over the past 3 years. I'm talking mainly Megan Racing springs and muffler, new starter, control arms, rebuilt calipers (and fresh rotors), and some other bits and bobs.

Since I'll already have both cars parked next to each other to swap parts over, I was wondering....since I'm mostly finding base model manual Yarii, how difficult would it be to move the power locks, windows, mirrors, and maybe even foglights from my S to a base model? Is the harness already prepared to accept that wiring if I move the associated motors and switch panels(and wiring connecting those)?

I've also seen a couple threads about gauge cluster swaps. Of course, the manual base models don't have a tachometer, so I'd like to swap the cluster from my S. I'm seeing that the mileage will remain from the car that the cluster is from. While I plan on running the next Yaris into the ground, I'd like the mileage not to jump from something around 100k miles to the 190k that's on my S cluster... (please note I'm in PA and have annual inspections) I've seen conflicting reports that the dealership can reprogram it. Anyone got firsthand accounts?

Thanks!
thebensho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cluster, conversion, power, tachometer, yaris s