Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-17-2012, 08:52 PM   #343
johnny_vitz

Drives: 2005 Toyota Echo
Quote:
Originally Posted by "G" View Post
What if the corrosion is on the terminals hub side? Then what are you going to replace??????????????????????
lol read my post

If the terminal in the hub/bearing unit is damaged you'll have to replace it, but it still isn't terribly expensive. I would definitely agree with what several people have suggested and recommmend taking the connectors off and packing them full of grease to keep them from corroding.

The best part is, I suggested to do this on the other sides connector (RR) of the customer's yaris I was working on, and they wouldn't approve me to do it.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #344
"G"

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatch
Exactly, replacing a hub and paying toyotas inflated part pricing is terribly expensive to yaris owners. Especially since it's a design flaw.
"G" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #345
johnny_vitz

Drives: 2005 Toyota Echo
Quote:
Exactly, replacing a hub and paying toyotas inflated part pricing is terribly expensive to yaris owners. Especially since it's a design flaw.
Agreed. But every car has problems, just like our water pumps. They're still near the top of the list for reliability, and have very few expensive issues.

The pricing on these parts specifically isn't too bad, I was amazed that the harness was only $45...but that is probably because it is a common issue (they had 9 in stock).
Old 01-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #346
willow1
I've made a post!

Drives: 2006 Yaris
I don't understand how people can drive for years with their ABS light on...I was told the car wouldn't pass inspection with it on. I'm going through the same thing now as we speak..car's in at the dealer and I'm waiting to hear the verdict.
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:50 PM   #347
403RS
#yyc

Drives: BSP '07 RS 5dr LB
Had the lights come on last week when it was -40, but they went away as soon as it warmed up. Knock on wood that they stay off, will be inspecting the problem area closer in the springtime.
403RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #348
WildChild

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Count me in, both lights lit up yesterday on my 2007 Yaris Sedan which has less than 50000 KM. I guess I'll have to take a look at those connectors next spring to clean them up!

Filed a complaint to Transport Canada...
WildChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #349
popaclay
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 yaris
Just wanted to say thanks to the forum members, in particular paulyates and fidgell.
I sprayed the connectors with wd40, removed them, blew them out with compressed air and lightly packed with white lithium grease. Drove 100 yards and the lights went out

cheers
popaclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:52 AM   #350
Boddy
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
I have too

I just buy a 2007 Yaris and 3 weeks after, I havethe same problem. Mistake is problem is not permanent, Sometime, light is on and somentime is off.
Problem arrive after a couple cold days, but it come back yesterday and It was just 0 Celcius, not really cold for Quebec.

When I bring car for warranty, light was off and the dont see anathing, but I come back during the evening! Must to return.

Following your message, seem to be a 2007 bug.
Invetigation runnig..
Boddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #351
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boddy View Post
I just buy a 2007 Yaris and 3 weeks after,...

When I bring car for warranty, light was off and the dont see anathing, but I come back during the evening! Must to return.

Following your message, seem to be a 2007 bug.
Invetigation runnig..
Take pictures or video to prove it!

Not a bug for 2007s... mine is 2008

D.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:47 AM   #352
Mikeey01nzl
91octane $2.24nzd / litre

Drives: 05 5d 1.3 CVT
I gave up and took it to the dealer...

They diagnosed two codes.
CO278 open circuit in ABS solenoid relay
CI249 open circuit in stop light switch circuit

x1 new stop light switch ($118.30nzd +tax)

I found the same part available #8434019025 from the states for $24.22, god we get ripped for parts here in New Zealand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeey01nzl View Post
Okay now I'm really confused...

ABS light comes on, I don't own any diag stuff to plug into it so I jumpered 4 & 13. ABS light flashes 4 times then goes out, then flashes 9 times.
None of this even comes close to what is listed above.. does anyone know what it's complaining about?
Old 03-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #353
devinlamothe

Drives: '07 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow1 View Post
I don't understand how people can drive for years with their ABS light on...I was told the car wouldn't pass inspection with it on. I'm going through the same thing now as we speak..car's in at the dealer and I'm waiting to hear the verdict.
The only inspection it won't pass is the safety if you plan on selling/trading in. There are no other inspections to worry about as far as I am aware.

I've been driving with these lights on for a couple of years and I really could care less. Maybe this summer I will try and clean out the connectors myself, just my driveway is gravel and isn't exactly the best to do car work in.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #354
fidgell

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3 door
Its 2 years this week since I cleaned and greased mine...STILL no reoccurance. Please try to DIY it before giving the stealerships any of your hard earned cash!!!
fidgell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:39 AM   #355
"G"

I'm going to attempt to replace my hub assembly with a koyo unit. Fuck aisin. Is their a write up on how to do it anywhere?
Old 03-31-2012, 11:53 AM   #356
devinlamothe

Drives: '07 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgell View Post
Its 2 years this week since I cleaned and greased mine...STILL no reoccurance. Please try to DIY it before giving the stealerships any of your hard earned cash!!!
I'm going to try that as soon as the weather gets warmer. If I need a new wiring harness it's only $25 per side ... I just hope the hub side isn't corroded.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #357
Gman

Drives: 2008 yaris
Quote:
Uhm your an idiot. When the light comes on you lose abs, but you do not lose any braking power.
I never said I lost braking power, I said I lost ABS. BTW thank you for sharing your maturity level with all of us with your "idiot" comment.
Gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #358
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Quote:
Uhm your an idiot. When the light comes on you lose abs, but you do not lose any braking power.
Um, you're pretty rude. People come here for help with things they don't know or understand. Even if the question seems real simple or common sense, be gracious in your reply or just don't bother and let someone help them..

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #359
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman View Post
I never said I lost braking power, I said I lost ABS. BTW thank you for sharing your maturity level with all of us with your "idiot" comment.

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #360
"G"

Here is how to save your toyota from rusting if you drive it in the winter >> http://www.fluid-film.com/ Spray it on all metal surfaces underneath your car and suspension. As well as these skid sensor connections and you won't have these problems. This stuff is amazing.