Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Southeast
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2008, 06:18 AM   #1
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
YW Florida Meet! Help!

Well, you guys asked for it, I am trying to make it a reality.

We need to find a neutral site in Florida to try and setup a state wide Yarisworld meet our members. I figure we can meet at a state park or something and all bring 1 item, something to eat/drink. Enough for many to share.

My logic is due to we have enough people in the state to do mini meets like once every 3 months or so. If not shorter periods between. Its healthy as a regional forum to meet the faces behind the names! I recently met tehjesta when he came down from Virginia. Was a awesome thing to meet someone who has a similar passion for a simple little car as I.

So IF everyone could post here if they are OK with this idea first off. We can get some input if this concept would be even do-able.

I recon we can try and plan it towards the Beginning of December. So it will be pleasent outside, sometime in the afternoon.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Here are a couple state parks I have in mind:
1.Skyway Fishing Pier: 4905 34th Street South, #5000
St. Petersburg, Florida 33711
BROCHURE- http://www.floridastateparks.org/sky...s/brochure.pdf

This location doesnt have any picnic area, but offers a great location, and scenery. where we could actually drive our cars onto the peir to get a great photo oppertunity. It costs $3 to get in for a 24 hour pass.

2.Lake Manatee State Park: 20007 Hwy 64 East
Bradenton, Florida 34202
BROCHURE- http://www.floridastateparks.org/lak...s/brochure.pdf

This local has everything including a picnic area that we could decide upon closer to the meet. Nice area and close to home for most. Unsure on prices.

3. Wakiwa Springs State Park:1800 Wekiwa Circle
Apopka, Florida 32712
BROCHURE- http://www.floridastateparks.org/wek...s/brochure.pdf

Wakiwa is a spot where a lot of people like to go, mainly due to its variety of beauty and locale. Its right in the heart of the central florida, but seems to be a thousands of miles away from what seems to be a major developed area. $5 per car up to 8 persons. $3 per car with 1 person.

4. Sebastian Inlet State Park: Sebastian Inlet State Park
9700 South A1A Melbourne Beach, FL 32951
BROCHURE- http://www.floridastateparks.org/seb...s/brochure.pdf

Waterfront pavilions and picnic areas are great for family outings are perfect. Close to the beach. $5 per car up to 8 persons. $3 per car with 1 person.

If you guys have any other spots to consider please post them. Hell if we can find a spot near Seabring motorpark or Moroso, that would be killer too!
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote