Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-12-2010, 01:21 PM   #37
Banned

Drives: '10 Yaris5drHB+99 4runner LTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
Anyone try the RainX that you put into your windshield wiper fluid tank? How well does that work?
it works great, just like regular hand-buffed rain-x

BUT it leaves streaks where the drips roll off on the side windows, so you just have to wash those off if you care
127.0.0.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #38
Banned

Drives: '10 Yaris5drHB+99 4runner LTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vodkalush View Post
I used to love the rain-x windshield washer fluid on my blazer... but then I started to notice that it leaves a film around your winshield (where it "over spills" and dries on your hood+roof). So for summer time I apply it by hand, but this winter I will be using the rain-x de-icer windshield washer fluid; as it kicks arse

yup, same here. I do a hand rub once or twice a year, and use the orange fluid rest of the time

peeps gotta know if you use rain-x hand-rubbed you have to buff the bezeejus out of it to work out the swirls...but it is time well spent
127.0.0.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #39
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
Wow... Necro thread bumps.
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:25 PM   #40
frbl

Drives: 2005 Scion xA
Several years ago I got a decent deal on Aquapel. But before applying it I searched forums for opinions. Several people mentioned that their windshields chipped more easily after applying. Some guy even had a theory about why Aquapel caused a weakening of the glass. I ignored it thinking it was merely circumstantial. I applied the Aquapel and sure enough I got a lot more chipping on my windshield. (Oh, how I hate trucks on the highway who let their load of dirt and stone fly all over the place.) Yes, it could have been chance for me, too.

But now I just stick with Rain-X window washer fluid and I have never been happier.
frbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #41
jeff618

Drives: Mazda 3
Lightbulb

Aquapel absolutely rocks...got some with my last set of new wiper blades. BTW, you can get it for less than $10 an application now and close to $5 if you buy it in quantity...just look around.

Also - I just put this on another string but some of you may be interested since its windshield related...

My Discovery Of The Day!!: The Toyota Yaris' 14" passenger side replacement windshield wiper is very hard to find in the newer-style beam blades. The 12" rear is also very hard to find because its a special rear blade that fits the special rear arm.

After exhaustive research, I've only found one aftermarket set-up that works: 'Trico NeoForm Beam Blades' on the front (yes, they have a 14") and 'Trico Exact Fit Rear Integral Blade' on the rear. All of the above come with step-by-step, illustrated removal and replacement instructions - easy install. Got the whole set-up online.