Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
400 dollar yaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan
Where are the tweeters

Where are the stock tweeters located ? I want to replace them with some aftermarket ones that I got . Are they replaceable? Will I notice a difference?
400 dollar yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
As far as I know, they don't exist. There are several threads here where people have modded their A-pillars to put them in.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #3
400 dollar yaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan
Ok so how hard is it to wire them up to the head unit ?
400 dollar yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #4
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Why would you wire the tweeters next to the head unit?

But yes, as mentioned, the a-pillars are one of a couple spots that you would place tweeters to improve the sound.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 dollar yaris View Post
Where are the stock tweeters located ? I want to replace them with some aftermarket ones that I got . Are they replaceable? Will I notice a difference?
Look how some people installed their tweeters in the doors (tweeters facing the ceiling) - probably not the best placement but in this case it would be easy for you to get them installed and wired.. as you will use the hi level speaker cables that go to the woofers in the front doors (you will then @split@ this signal into signal for tweeters (high pass section of your netwrok) and signal for woofers (low pass filter of your crossover network will be used))

what you can do is to find tweeters and 2-way crossover networks (try to use 4 ohm tweeters and networks that were designed for 4 ohm speakers) from some set that you can install in the doors as well (hide them somewhere within the door)

woofers in the front doors are OK

yes, adding tweeters and installing / wiring them correctly will strongly improve the overall SQ
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:53 AM   #6
yojabbajabba

Drives: 2008 YRS 5Dr LB (1.5L)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Why would you wire the tweeters next to the head unit?

But yes, as mentioned, the a-pillars are one of a couple spots that you would place tweeters to improve the sound.
Where would the other spot(s) be SQ? Considering in a thread somewhere you suggested that tweeters should be <1 foot from your woofers (something to do with time delay minimisation), I can only think of installing tweeters on the side of the window up-down controls on the door panels.
yojabbajabba is offline   Reply With Quote