Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-13-2012, 02:37 AM   #1
Gmfinlay

Drives: Yaris spirit 07 sedan
Yaris 07 sedan tweeter placement

Hi guys i have just got myself the infinity 60.9 split system and im really excited to get it into my car!!!!

i am unfortunately a little stuck with where i am going to mount the tweeters. i have a completely open mind but i want to get the most i possibly can out of the system so placement for acoustic purposes is top priority over the ease of the install self, but i want it to look awesome,

i have the three mounts the flush swivel mount, starfish mount and the surface mount
I have been looking around on this site and have seen a few ideas but not sure which one is the best!!

Let me know what you guys think

Regards
Gareth Finlay

Gmfinlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:22 AM   #2
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
any processing at all with your setup? If you have some sort of TA I'd do pillars. If not, go for the kicks. Get the speakers as far away from your ears and as equidistant as possible.

The worst place I've seen people put them is the door handle area in the hatchback. People claiming to be all about SQ and then slamming a tweeter right next to the left ear...sorry...rant over.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:25 AM   #3
Gmfinlay

well im not sure if the cross over that comes with the system counts as processing
. What do you mean by TA?
Old 02-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
It is a form of signal processing but not to the level I'm asking about. TA in this instance means time alignment.

What is the head unit you're using?
Old 02-15-2012, 02:11 AM   #5
Gmfinlay

Ahh yes ofcourse uhm no I done have anything of the sort no signal processing or TA, I'm using a stock head unit with a hi-low , I want to replace it , I'm looking for one at the moment . Any thoughts?
I can get pioneer, alpine , Sony , Jvc I'm looking for something to work with an iPhone

Tags
speaker placement, spirit, tweeter, yaris 2007