Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-27-2015, 05:36 PM   #1
Zombiesrock

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue
Anyone having trouble finding a 2015 Yaris at a local dealer.

Hello Everyone! I have had my 2007 Yaris since i bought it in 2006. I have almost 200k on it - and I wanted to get my hands on the new 2015 SE Yaris. Other than pealing clear coat on my 07 all is still fine. Just wanted a new one! ( I LOVE MY CAR). Well I live in Houston - truck country- and none of the dealerships here have a manual transmission SE. I have found maybe 5 with auto transmission in the entire area? Is there something going on with the Yaris? Are they not going to be making it anymore? Have any of you ever ordered one straight from Toyota? If so how long does it usually take to get your car? Thanks for the help!
Zombiesrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:54 AM   #2
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiesrock View Post
Hello Everyone! I have had my 2007 Yaris since i bought it in 2006. I have almost 200k on it - and I wanted to get my hands on the new 2015 SE Yaris. Other than pealing clear coat on my 07 all is still fine. Just wanted a new one! ( I LOVE MY CAR). Well I live in Houston - truck country- and none of the dealerships here have a manual transmission SE. I have found maybe 5 with auto transmission in the entire area? Is there something going on with the Yaris? Are they not going to be making it anymore? Have any of you ever ordered one straight from Toyota? If so how long does it usually take to get your car? Thanks for the help!
I had to go out-of-state back in July just to get a manual Yaris, and there was only a bit over a dozen total SE's available in the entire USA of any color at that time. White was my first choice, and there were only 2 manual white SE's in the entire country listed at that time (luckily, one was in Colorado, which isn't too far from me here in Arizona). I paid an extra $500 in shipping to get it delivered to me, but got a great deal on the pricing of the car, since that white manual SE had been sitting unwanted at that dealership for the entire a year. I can only imagine that the 2015 Yaris inventory problem is even worse now, considering that the model year is officially over, and Toyota dealers hardly stock any Yaris to begin with since it is a very low-profit and obscure (in USA) vehicle for them. It's sad, but that's the way it is here in the USA.

The 2016 Yaris will be the same as the 2015 model, and the last Toyota-made Yaris, before the 2017 Mazda2-manufactured Yaris is released in 2017. The 2016 should be hitting dealerships anytime now, though in very limited/scarce numbers as always, for the USA market. Good luck in your search!

Last edited by Kalispel; 12-28-2015 at 10:05 AM.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:27 AM   #3
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
None of the dealerships in Texas and surrounding states will have any manual Yaris at all, ever.

Try in one of the states outside the "Gulfstates Toyota" area:

Or just get a fresh clear coat, and a modern stereo ;)
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 11:49 AM   #4
Zombiesrock

Thanks everyone! I am checking in Colorado right now. I think there are 2 manuals left in the whole US! (both colors I don't want) I might just get an automatic. I am still keeping my 2007 Yaris! (its going to my Husband) (and we are getting a new paint job done soon)
Old 12-30-2015, 09:50 AM   #5
Zombiesrock

So with some awesome haggling I was able to get the 2015 Magnetic Gray SE (automatic - I gave up on trying to find a manual one ) with floor mats, the clear bra and connectivity kit for $15,700 before TTL. (They had it listed at $19,700) No other fees either. YAY for these not selling very well here in Houston!!! I LOVE IT. I will put up pics later. Just wanted to let you all know now is the time to get a good deal on them. Mine was one of 3 Gray SE's in the greater Houston area and it also happened to be on their lot for about 8 months - I imagine it is the same for other dealers in the south that don't sell these. There was a dealership in Colorado - Stevinson Toyota and Scion - that was selling them for $14,867 and that included their dealer fees. I was in contact with them and they were going to Ship it to Houston for $700. I was able to use that negotiation to get mine cheaper here in Houston. I only paid a couple hundred more here but it was worth the instant gratification to get it last night. I checked the Colorado website today and they have 1 left at normal price. (no more super special deal) They had 6 SE's on Monday so they obviously sold like hot cakes. My husband is keeping the 07:)

Last edited by Zombiesrock; 12-30-2015 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:46 AM   #6
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Quote:
So with some awesome haggling I was able to get the 2015 Magnetic Gray SE (automatic - I gave up on trying to find a manual one ) with floor mats, the clear bra and connectivity kit for $15,700 before TTL. (They had it listed at $19,700) No other fees either. YAY for these not selling very well here in Houston!!! I LOVE IT. I will put up pics later. Just wanted to let you all know now is the time to get a good deal on them. Mine was one of 3 Gray SE's in the greater Houston area and it also happened to be on their lot for about 8 months - I imagine it is the same for other dealers in the south that don't sell these. There was a dealership in Colorado - Stevinson Toyota and Scion - that was selling them for $14,867 and that included their dealer fees. I was in contact with them and they were going to Ship it to Houston for $700. I was able to use that negotiation to get mine cheaper here in Houston. I only paid a couple hundred more here but it was worth the instant gratification to get it last night. I checked the Colorado website today and they have 1 left at normal price. (no more super special deal) They had 6 SE's on Monday so they obviously sold like hot cakes. My husband is keeping the 07:)
Congrats!!!

I really like the Dark Gray SE, and was tempted to get that instead of White. The mostly-black OEM SE alloys look much better with that color, and the front grill is toned-down and blended more also - so it isn't as polarizing. The lower-rear white backup light sticks out like a sore-thumb more though with a darker color. I think that the main reason I opted for White was the ultra-brutal AZ/Phoenix sun out there, which tore up the dark blue paint on my previous car (Accord).

I highly recommend adding a nice exhaust tip finisher and a color-matched Virtual Garage "Shark Fin" Fractal Antennae. It greatly improves/finishes the look of the SE, in my opinion - along with a some good window tinting.

Last edited by Kalispel; 12-30-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 12:52 PM   #7
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Quote:
Congratulations. That is a killer deal. I have a Gray SE automatic myself only its a 2014, different front and rear fascia. You're going to love it.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote