Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-17-2009, 07:40 PM   #199
MGargano

Drives: 2009 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
more than a few -- I've heard Toyota techs wait 20 to make sure the SRS system resets (it has it's own battery, btw)
I figured that out first-hand. I pulled the battery for about 10 minutes, reconnected, and still nothing. It's been pulled about an hour or so now. Think it's time for a second attempt?
MGargano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:51 PM   #200
MGargano

Is there a definite answer for how long it takes the SRS ECU to reset itself with a battery disconnect? I want to make sure all the SRS reserve power is drained before trying this again.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:05 AM   #201
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Here's what the SM says:

Wait at least 90 seconds after the ignition switch is
turned off and the negative (-) terminal cable is
disconnected from the battery before starting the
operation.
(The SRS is equipped with a back-up power source, so
if work is started within 90 seconds of disconnecting
the negative (-) terminal cable of the battery, the SRS
may be deployed).
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:07 AM   #202
MGargano

I disconnected the battery overnight (about 13 hours or so) and tried it this morning... still nothing positive. All dash indicators are still lit.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:13 AM   #203
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Try reading the codes from the SRS again.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:21 AM   #204
MGargano

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Try reading the codes from the SRS again.
Same as before- 32, 55, & 56
Old 08-18-2009, 08:27 AM   #205
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Here is the procedure for manually clearing the stored codes (The SM says that some codes do not clear with a power down):

1. With a jumper, connect the TC and CG terminals on the OBD port.

2. When the SRS light starts flashing the codes, within 3 to 10 seconds remove the jumper frm TC. After 3 seconds the SRS light will come on solid.

3. Within 2 to 4 seconds after the SRS lights, reconnect the jumper to TC.

4. Within 2 to 4 seconds the SRS light will go off. Once it does, within 2 to 4 seconds disconnect TC.

5. Within 2 to 4 seconds the SRS light will come one solid again. Within 2 to 4 seconds after the SRS lights, reconnect the jumper to TC.

6. Within 2 to 4 seconds the SRS light will go off. One second later, if all DTCs are cleared the SRS light will flash steadily on and off. If codes are still registered it will flash in the pattern to indicate the stored codes.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #206
DorytheYaris
aka Eleni

Drives: 10 Yaris LB Auto- Blazing Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGargano View Post
I'm looking to upgrade the front seats in my 09' hatch but I'm honestly not really sure what's out there, especially since some of the websites I checked out are crazy expensive. I'm just looking for something with good support, OEM function (sliding, reclining front and back, folding to let passenger's in back), and something lower to the ground.

I see these on fleaBay, but I'm not sure of the quality or fitment: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAZDA...Q5fAccessories

Appreciate any help I can get with this.
If you get rid of your seats I WILL GLADLY buy your stock passenger seat from you! I need one desperately!!!!! and I am in NJ!!!
DorytheYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:11 PM   #207
MGargano

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorytheYaris View Post
If you get rid of your seats I WILL GLADLY buy your stock passenger seat from you! I need one desperately!!!!! and I am in NJ!!!
If I do decide to sell the OEM passenger seat it will most likely be without the four weight sensors. I haven't made up my mind about getting rid of the OEM seats yet though. I want to get the new ones working 100% before I get rid of the old ones. I'll definitely keep you in mind though.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:14 PM   #208
MGargano

Quote:
Here is the procedure for manually clearing the stored codes (The SM says that some codes do not clear with a power down):

2. When the SRS light starts flashing the codes, within 3 to 10 seconds remove the jumper frm TC. After 3 seconds the SRS light will come on solid.

4. Within 2 to 4 seconds the SRS light will go off. Once it does, within 2 to 4 seconds disconnect TC.

5. Within 2 to 4 seconds the SRS light will come one solid again. Within 2 to 4 seconds after the SRS lights, reconnect the jumper to TC.

6. Within 2 to 4 seconds the SRS light will go off. One second later, if all DTCs are cleared the SRS light will flash steadily on and off. If codes are still registered it will flash in the pattern to indicate the stored codes.
Ok I'll give this a try ASAP. Thanks for posting the instructions.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:14 PM   #209
DorytheYaris
aka Eleni

Drives: 10 Yaris LB Auto- Blazing Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGargano View Post
If I do decide to sell the OEM passenger seat it will most likely be without the four weight sensors. I haven't made up my mind about getting rid of the OEM seats yet though. I want to get the new ones working 100% before I get rid of the old ones. I'll definitely keep you in mind though.
Thank you :)
DorytheYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:56 PM   #210
MGargano

Quote:

Ok this is either impossible or I'm doing something wrong. It's really hard to read, interpret, and follow directions in 2-4 seconds. Also, the light is coming on solid immediately after disconnecting the jumper, not after 2-4 seconds so I'm not sure what's up there.

I thought I had it at first and was down to only code 32. Then I probed one of the weight sensors (still nothing!) and checked the codes again. Now I'm getting 32 and 55, but not 56. WTF?
Old 08-18-2009, 06:20 PM   #211
MGargano

Quote:

2. When the SRS light starts flashing the codes, within 3 to 10 seconds remove the jumper from TC. After 3 seconds the SRS light will come on solid.
I'm getting stuck right at the beginning. The SRS light should come on solid after 3 seconds, but instead it comes on solid immediately after the jumper is disconnected.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #212
CTScott
ULTIMATE

You might want to try two jumpers, where you can leave them on the pins and then connect them while your hands are up in visible range of the display.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:24 PM   #213
MGargano

Quote:
You might want to try two jumpers, where you can leave them on the pins and then connect them while your hands are up in visible range of the display.
That's actually what I tried. I have one pin in each connector and am connecting the two with an alligator-clip wire but it's still tough. That aside, it doesn't seem to be going the way the directions indicate it should with the flashes, solids, etc.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:32 PM   #214
MGargano

Ok, trying your idea I'm 99% I successfully cleared the codes. Well, codes 55 & 56 are gone, but code 32 remains flashing.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:24 PM   #215
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Cool. At this point you must feel like your defusing a bomb.

Code 32 is the OCS. The issue right now is the lack of a base load on the sensors. They are calibrated for the weight of the empty seat.

Are you still measuring no voltage on the sensors?
Old 08-18-2009, 08:29 PM   #216
MGargano

Quote:
Cool. At this point you must feel like your defusing a bomb.

Code 32 is the OCS. The issue right now is the lack of a base load on the sensors. They are calibrated for the weight of the empty seat.

Are you still measuring no voltage on the sensors?
I was measuring no voltage on the sensors with all the codes still flashing but I haven't tried it now with only code 32. Maybe they won't receive voltage if they don't sense any weight at all? The sensors are plugged into the system, but are just laying on the floor in the car.