Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-14-2022, 08:40 PM   #19
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
i contemplated just doing a flat black "wrap" up the nose across the roof and around the spoiler

my roof peel isnt bad yet....but at that point i may just scuff n shoot the roof and be done with it
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 12:56 AM   #20
Compeer

Drives: NCP90 TRD Yaris Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
i contemplated just doing a flat black "wrap" up the nose across the roof and around the spoiler

my roof peel isnt bad yet....but at that point i may just scuff n shoot the roof and be done with it

Its a pity we are all in different parts of the world! Yaris work shops and race days/auto cross events would be fun!
Compeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 02:02 AM   #21
sh0rtlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compeer View Post
Its a pity we are all in different parts of the world! Yaris work shops and race days/auto cross events would be fun!
RIGHT????

the new tires ive got..even with it being winter im THROWING this lil car into corners at speeds i shouldnt..and its just carving out, but ive found the limits of the "body" without the rear sway and on the stock front end, real sticky grippy angry 195 60 14s...like i cant even fathom a need for aftermarket struts and springs...which is funny cause i LOVE changing that shit out...

this car just never stops amazing me, i mean my 76 alfetta gt is full race tuned 40mm dellerotos, full track tuned crazy beefy suspension on falkens, ive driven that car angry..and know without a doubt i will chicken out before it does, my 83 gtv6 is also very angry tuned but not to the same bleeding edge, i know its limits..hell my 89 dodge turbo minivan was a riot at its limits
Old 12-15-2022, 12:31 PM   #22
Neinris

Drives: 08 Yaris 3 Door Hatchback
I just wrapped mine with carbon fiber pattern vinyl, roof, hood, and side mirrors. Let's see how long they'll last.
Neinris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 01:49 PM   #23
sh0rtlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neinris View Post
I just wrapped mine with carbon fiber pattern vinyl, roof, hood, and side mirrors. Let's see how long they'll last.
what you say it and dont post pics..what the hell man?
Old 12-15-2022, 03:37 PM   #24
Neinris

I thought I've posted them before, maybe not... These are pics of the old wrap, but the new one looks exactly the same, apparently the old vinyl I used was for internal use only, which only lasted 9 months before the clear coat on them started to oxidize. The new one is supposedly for external and claims good for 4-6 years:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...YRFBZH9IS&th=1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front Driver Quarter.jpg (182.0 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg Hood wrap.jpg (178.7 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg Passenger Side Mirror wrap.jpg (151.8 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg Roof wrap.jpg (180.9 KB, 53 views)
Old 12-15-2022, 04:20 PM   #25
sh0rtlife

look confincingly good, tho me id want to use the lowwer grill as my stop point and chase those lines up the hood then do the full roof and onto the center section of my spoiler, i feel like following the flow lines would look better than a whole hood and stopping at the bumper edge
Old 12-15-2022, 10:55 PM   #26
Compeer

Quote:
I thought I've posted them before, maybe not... These are pics of the old wrap, but the new one looks exactly the same, apparently the old vinyl I used was for internal use only, which only lasted 9 months before the clear coat on them started to oxidize. The new one is supposedly for external and claims good for 4-6 years:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...YRFBZH9IS&th=1
Great work, this looks dope
Old 12-16-2022, 08:45 AM   #27
Neinris

Quote:
look confincingly good, tho me id want to use the lowwer grill as my stop point and chase those lines up the hood then do the full roof and onto the center section of my spoiler, i feel like following the flow lines would look better than a whole hood and stopping at the bumper edge
I had to fully wrap my hood, roof, and side mirrors because the paint are all faded, and the hood's jacked up from rock chips damage. It was just experimental at first, but I ended up liking the contrast with the Meteorite Metallic.
Here's what the old wrap ended up looking like, and what the new wrap looks like.

Sorry for hijacking the tread...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ruined Hood.jpg (261.2 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg Naked Hood.jpg (204.2 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg Re-wrapped hood.jpg (169.0 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg Re-wrapped side mirror.jpg (132.2 KB, 51 views)
Old 12-16-2022, 06:13 PM   #28
Compeer

Quote:
I had to fully wrap my hood, roof, and side mirrors because the paint are all faded, and the hood's jacked up from rock chips damage. It was just experimental at first, but I ended up liking the contrast with the Meteorite Metallic.
Here's what the old wrap ended up looking like, and what the new wrap looks like.

Sorry for hijacking the tread...
Hijack away..mods don't exist here anyway as far as i can tell...think they all sold there yaris like 10 years ago just looking at it.

We are basically the second wave of yari mk2 owners..the ones who couldnt afford them new haha

This really makes me want to buy some wrap and try it.
Old 12-17-2022, 01:18 PM   #29
sh0rtlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compeer View Post
Hijack away..mods don't exist here anyway as far as i can tell...think they all sold there yaris like 10 years ago just looking at it.

We are basically the second wave of yari mk2 owners..the ones who couldnt afford them new haha

This really makes me want to buy some wrap and try it.
speak for yourself..my wife bought this one NEW...it was either it or a fit...she WANTED the RS manual, but needed a car NOW and anything but either the red yaris or the blue one she bought would have been a minimum of 6 month wait due to stock problems

were just late to the mod party
Old 12-17-2022, 02:38 PM   #30
Compeer

Quote:
speak for yourself..my wife bought this one NEW...it was either it or a fit...she WANTED the RS manual, but needed a car NOW and anything but either the red yaris or the blue one she bought would have been a minimum of 6 month wait due to stock problems

were just late to the mod party
High rollas huh?!!

Bummer you did not wait for the yaris RS they are kind of rare I feel like compared to the Vitz rs. but still sweet to own the car from new. Mine had one owner before trade in and was dealer serviced and everything was accounted for which is almost as nice?? haha
Old 12-18-2022, 01:58 AM   #31
sh0rtlife

yeah knowing the full history care and the story behind every ding n dent is a bonus too..course this ones rare too mostly due to the fact that the US didnt get the 5dr till the bumper/grill change in 09? so its one of very very few in the us and its an 07 canadian
Old 12-18-2022, 03:14 PM   #32
mitch9521
Gen 3 > Gen 2

Drives: NCP131, F-150
Wheres the Netz badge on the front? No Yaris is complete without some weeb stuff on it.

mitch9521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 10:24 PM   #33
sh0rtlife

does this count?

Old 01-04-2023, 06:01 PM   #34
Type-Y

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatch
Compeer, so how are you liking the Flex Z's? I have the Street Advance Z's on mine and it totally transformed the way the car drives, along the the TRD sway bar of course.
Type-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 01:52 AM   #35
Compeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-Y View Post
Compeer, so how are you liking the Flex Z's? I have the Street Advance Z's on mine and it totally transformed the way the car drives, along the the TRD sway bar of course.
Love them, I have front and rear dampening set to "2" so very firm. Large bumps are a bit stomach jerking but the level of grip and the car having just that right amount of body roll is amazing, you can easily preload the suspension into corners and I have been having such a blast in the car now.

Confidence in the car has increased massivley, can't wait to get a lower rear sway bar as well.
Old 01-13-2023, 01:13 PM   #36
Compeer

Modified a 17mm to easily fit under the cowling and down into the top strut mount to change front shocks easily.

Changing all the Tein suspension back to the stock TRD suspension today for the warrant of fitness check next week. Changing back to stock rear trailing arm mount points as well.

I sprayed the marks where the brake hose clip had slapped the chassi rail with rust off paint to make sure she stays mint and also touched up any bare metal i could see from stone chips.

Will reinstall the Tein coilovers after and then will certify the coilover along with the seats when I sort them as they can be certified at the same time along with any other minor changes. The brakes I put on are stock and leghal but I could have the upgrade officially noted on the the car as well.

Anyway cleaning the trd set and then putting the car up on jack stands for a saturday of wrenching, pics to come of the trd set cleaned and reinstalled.

Edit: All installed again.

Last edited by Compeer; 01-15-2023 at 01:45 AM.

Tags
coilovers, low'n'slow, ncp90, tein flex z