Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-31-2006, 07:13 PM   #19
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by why?
Dealerships get an allotment of vehicles. The factory only makes vehicles with the packages listed. They only make a certain amount of each of them.

Toyota dealerships don't tell the factory what to send them, Toyota tells the dealerships what they are getting.
Thats what I thought. So how can I get the car I really want. Is there anyway they can send that car to my dealership. And does a preorder help. Which I've already done.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:24 PM   #20
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Preording helps get you the packages you want. As long as you want everything that comes in the package, you get what you want.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:27 PM   #21
foober

Thanks why for the info.. I'm planning on getting just the base package hatchback with no extras. My hope is I don't have to buy the car with extra package equipment added.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:28 PM   #22
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

If you want to get a stripped car, you will probably be able to, however it might take some work on the phone to find one in the right color.

This thread has a ton of info as well.
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47
Old 01-31-2006, 07:38 PM   #23
foober

Quote:
If you want to get a stripped car, you will probably be able to, however it might take some work on the phone to find one in the right color.

This thread has a ton of info as well.
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47
Question. my sales person told me cars land in portland and then are transferred around the u.s.. But that that is where they also add the extra package equipment. Is there any way to have my salesperson or dealership to contact the people where the car comes from the shipping point with just the base product to be able to send that car to me without adding any extras.

Last edited by foober; 01-31-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:49 PM   #24
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Not sure which port cars land at, but Portland makes no sense. Portland Oregon is landlocked and Portland Maine is in the middle of nowhere.

Anyways, there are options that are both installed at the factory and installed at the port.

If you want a stripped car you will find one, there is no doubt in that. It just might take some effort to find one.

If you want a car that has different options than the packages listed, I highly doubt it can happen.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:17 PM   #25
foober

Quote:
Not sure which port cars land at, but Portland makes no sense. Portland Oregon is landlocked and Portland Maine is in the middle of nowhere.

Anyways, there are options that are both installed at the factory and installed at the port.

If you want a stripped car you will find one, there is no doubt in that. It just might take some effort to find one.

If you want a car that has different options than the packages listed, I highly doubt it can happen.
I believe he meant portland oregon. Possibly cars are moved there to put the extra equipment on. Or maybe i misunderstood what he was saying. Do they land in san fran. or seattle or where on the west coast. But the point he was making was they land here in the usa and then toyota has other parts companys here that add the extra equipment. Maybe he was just telling me a story. Do you know the sceniero they go through when they land here. Or are they made here. Or partly made here. thanks.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:30 PM   #26
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

What your dealer was talking about:

> Toyota Logistics Services
Headquartered in Torrance, California. Operations in Arizona, California, Indiana, Kentucky, New Jersey, Oregon and Texas.

TLS has six Vehicle Delivery Centers in the U.S. and manages Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicle logistics operations, planning and administration. TLS is responsible for inbound vehicle logistics for Mexico, as well as for management of U.S. exports of vehicles produced in North America. TLS also manages Toyota’s in-house auto trucking company, which operates in California and Arizona.

What they actually do there I do not know. Usually they just go over the cars there to make sure they are ok.

I bet if you e-mailed Toyota directly and asked they would give you an answer.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:45 PM   #27
foober

thanks why, the reason I keep asking these questions is I've probably got two months to try to find out how toyota does things and then try and be able to coax my salesman and dealership into getting me the base unit that I want. Sure looks like a great little car.

So glad i found this website. i'm sure over the next months I will learn alot.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:17 AM   #28
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

You're welcome.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:59 AM   #29
yarisnewfrontier

Drives: silver
CCQ Cruise Control Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisnewfrontier
I will research and give you an answer tomorrow.

The Yaris does not come with cruise control as an option.
yarisnewfrontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:07 PM   #30
yarisnewfrontier

Quote:
Dealerships get an allotment of vehicles. The factory only makes vehicles with the packages listed. They only make a certain amount of each of them.

Toyota dealerships don't tell the factory what to send them, Toyota tells the dealerships what they are getting.

BULLSHIT!! I don't know about the West Coast, but here at CAT (Central Atlantic Toyota) we have an allocation manager named Howard who requests certain option packages that will be added to base models. If you were to preorder with me, Howard would request exactly what you wanted..................nothing more, NOTHING LESS!!!!

FYI: My allocation manager- Howard- has been doing this for 23 years and he always gets what he orders.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:24 PM   #31
foober

Quote:
BULLSHIT!! I don't know about the West Coast, but here at CAT (Central Atlantic Toyota) we have an allocation manager named Howard who requests certain option packages that will be added to base models. If you were to preorder with me, Howard would request exactly what you wanted..................nothing more, NOTHING LESS!!!!

FYI: My allocation manager- Howard- has been doing this for 23 years and he always gets what he orders.
yarisnewfrontier, thanks for that Info.. I'll go down to my dealership and request that they do just that. I'll have to find out who is the allocation manager and then see that he understands what I want..

From what you said. Does that mean cars come off the boat from japan in the base package and then they have the option packages added at other factorys in the usa. Thats what my salesman told me yesterday. Interesting how they do it.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:42 PM   #32
jdgriswald
5-Door Envy

Drives: '08 Scion xD
Quote:
On the contrary, Portland is the 15th ranked container port in the U.S.. Ships come down the Columbia river.
jdgriswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:49 PM   #33
yarisnewfrontier

This is how we make a Yaris........

Quote:
Originally Posted by foober
yarisnewfrontier, thanks for that Info.. I'll go down to my dealership and request that they do just that. I'll have to find out who is the allocation manager and then see that he understands what I want..

From what you said. Does that mean cars come off the boat from japan in the base package and then they have the option packages added at other factory's in the usa. Thats what my salesman told me yesterday. Interesting how they do it.
Foober...........Good question....... What happens is this ......the Allocation Manager REQUESTS a certain Configuration to be added to the Base Unit.......All Yari are Basically made as a Base model at the factory and then a certain number of them are allocated to get the CQ Package....Others the S Package, and still others the CQ, PP, S and special request.......These are done at the factory and then shipped. Your Informer is WRONG AGAIN!!!!

So, they then come to port where the Port Accessories are then added........ Depending on where they land certain Port Facilities will add the Z1 Package ( Carpeted Mats, Cargo Net, First Aid Kit, etc.....)........others add Toyo Guard and Other Useless things to up the price. Then according to the Request by the Dealership............ Certain Yaris go here and Others go there. Depending on how good your Allocation Manager is decides if you get what you ordered or not.............

Understand?
Old 02-01-2006, 07:12 PM   #34
foober

Quote:
Foober...........Good question....... What happens is this ......the Allocation Manager REQUESTS a certain Configuration to be added to the Base Unit.......All Yari are Basically made as a Base model at the factory and then a certain number of them are allocated to get the CQ Package....Others the S Package, and still others the CQ, PP, S and special request.......These are done at the factory and then shipped. Your Informer is WRONG AGAIN!!!!

So, they then come to port where the Port Accessories are then added........ Depending on where they land certain Port Facilities will add the Z1 Package ( Carpeted Mats, Cargo Net, First Aid Kit, etc.....)........others add Toyo Guard and Other Useless things to up the price. Then according to the Request by the Dealership............ Certain Yaris go here and Others go there. Depending on how good your Allocation Manager is decides if you get what you ordered or not.............
Understand?
yarisnewfrontier, thanks for that info.. So the allocation manager is somewhat important in landing the one I'd want. I talked to my allocation manager today. For some reason he was a little upset. Saying that he hasn't heard one thing about any timeline when they'll contact him yet and that he was upset that the salesperson took my preorder so early.. So I just said do your best. Didn't want to upset him anymore. But he did say I'm first on the list to get one. Just hope its the one i want.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:49 PM   #35
cloveygrl
I've made a post!

Drives: it goes vroom
Quote:
landlocked? all those salmon must be mighty confused.
cloveygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:13 AM   #36
dandj

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy
does the yaris come stock with cruise control?
Yes it does in the sedan w/ power package.
dandj is offline   Reply With Quote