Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-21-2011, 12:11 AM   #19
EPyarisdriver
...or Vegas for short

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris 3door LB
I love it!!! I remember seeing those rims in this months HondaTuning mag on a VIPd Insight and loved and and wondering if those would work on a Yaris.. Pleased to see that they are!!!
EPyarisdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:01 AM   #20
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarVitz View Post
Im surprised my S lip kit made it through Hawaii. I sold those to Mr. Bond and Mr. Bond sold them to you? Glad to see someone still using them and it turn out to be so nice in your car.
Those were originally yours?!! Haha! This lip kit is a whore! No wonder they were blue. Well Mr. Bond's car was the same color as mine, but I had it repainted anyway. When I was sanding it down, I saw the blue underneath. So the black inserts in the back of the kit - was curious what happened. When I received it, they were missing and it was a little cut up. Would love to get a little history :) Thanks solarVitz.

@ EPyarisdriver - I gotta take a look at that mag. I remember a black Fit has similar rims with a milder offset. Too bad though, I sold them.
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:16 AM   #21
chexmix

Drives: scion xb
o ok.. btw you sold your rims? or the mag?
chexmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:04 PM   #22
solarVitz

Drives: 08 Yaris S Liftback
Send a message via AIM to solarVitz Send a message via Yahoo to solarVitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Those were originally yours?!! Haha! This lip kit is a whore! No wonder they were blue. Well Mr. Bond's car was the same color as mine, but I had it repainted anyway. When I was sanding it down, I saw the blue underneath. So the black inserts in the back of the kit - was curious what happened. When I received it, they were missing and it was a little cut up. Would love to get a little history :) Thanks solarVitz.
Its been a while like 2 years ago when I sold Mr. Bond everything that came off the lip kit so I dont recall anything missing and a cut from the kit.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:54 PM   #23
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
OK. Thanks! This was how I received it. So I filled the void with reflectors and added a little LED behind it. :)

@chexmix: I sold the wheels earlier this year.
Attached Images

yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:10 PM   #24
solarVitz

Drives: 08 Yaris S Liftback
Send a message via AIM to solarVitz Send a message via Yahoo to solarVitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
OK. Thanks! This was how I received it. So I filled the void with reflectors and added a little LED behind it. :)
Oh ok. I guess he cut those and put aluminum mesh as he mentioned on his older post dated 8/19/09...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbond View Post
Thank you! Well, the whole lip kit is the OEM "S" lip kit that comes from the factory here. I ended up cutting out those two holes on both sides and mounting aluminum mesh, since it used to just be this lame vinyl patch.

Tags
airrunner, bags, slammed, stance, yaris