Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-20-2009, 07:33 AM   #91
Forrest

Drives: 08 LB BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIPNGAS View Post
Finally, five pages later, we have the answer.
Another thought is that some people just love to complain, whether it be a car, person, place or thing. They are never happy ! So Outterhere has a 'logical' mind that is geared to complain ! To bad as she is missing the many good points of the Yaris that we all enjoy.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:31 AM   #92
SailDesign

Drives: .
I knew I had stayed away form this thread for a reason. I just got bored this morning and dipped in to see what the scoop was.
No surprises here.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:01 AM   #93
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I can tell I'm the only poster here with a logical mind.
I think the world you were looking for there is anal

But seriously, I don't know if you're continuing this thread out of a real want to discuss these nitpicks, or just to bring some comic relief to our forum

But, I think I can now safely say that Suzuki completely missed the following marketing approach:

"Suzuki Swift: The OCD car of choice!"

Actually I will actually add one related nitpick of my own about the coin holders and that glovebox in general, it's kinda hard to see in there at night and pick out the right coins (even if they are properly arranged in each compartment). But like somebody mentioned about this in an old thread, it's not exactly difficult to stretch one's hand above one's head and click the cabin/map light, thereby offering sufficient illumination

The triangular pockets on each side of the AC controls? I can fit my cell phone in there no problem, though I usually just have a small LED flashlight as well as a piece of cloth for dusting stuff, and a microfiber cloth for my glasses. On the other side, the remote control for the house gate fits perfectly so I don't have to dig around for it, just stick my hand in and press the button.

The little flip-down cover by the steering column, though, just gets shoved with whatever receipts and wrappers I want to keep out of sight

What I'm trying to say, really, is, you should try to find ways to make practical use of all these nooks and crannies! If you open your mind and stop to think about it, the interior of this car is very cleverly designed, many other cars can only dream of being so practical. Whatever nitpick you have, whatever "oh i wish they did this differently" thought, there's often a way to figure out some improved solution. Heck look at the Canadian guy who glued together a couple of hockey pucks to make a steady base for his GPS unit to put in a cupholder!

Sometimes having a versatile mind can be better than a logical mind

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:23 AM   #94
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
who keeps pennies these days?

Pennies are for archiologists to dig up a million years from now as i toss pennies to the curb as soon as i get them.Here in Canada everything seems to cost $?.99 so on every transaction i get to toss a penny,when in the USA seems everything costs $?.96 so i get to toss 4 pennies..If the store has a box for donated pennies i throw them in,if not they're land fill.
Where are these change holders? i dont recollect seeing them in my 08 sedan.
jambo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #95
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Change holders are inside the driver-side flip-up glovebox the Liftbacks have.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:03 PM   #96
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
I think the world you were looking for there is anal

Heck look at the Canadian guy who glued together a couple of hockey pucks to make a steady base for his GPS unit to put in a cupholder!

:

Now, that's a great idea!!
Somebody should start a thread for that kind of non-technical ideas if there isn't one already
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #97
texkid
The one with cheese on it

Drives: '10 Corolla S
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
BRILLIANT.

I have no idea why I didn't think of that! The other day I was mid-way through changing the oil, and couldn't find my baggy of crush filters! This is the third (and thankfully) last time I will use that one, now that's a brilliant place to store them!
Glad I made a difference.

When my dad had the '83 Celica, he would leave a funnel tucked behind the battery for whenever he had to add a quart of oil or something. IDK, somehow he thought that was better than fixing the damn leak. LOL!
texkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:30 PM   #98
CrazedEpidemic

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarswiss View Post
How can you say the "glove" compartment behind the wheel is useless? Look what I can do with it:
$3 in change
Allen key and bolt set
Schlage pliers
Digital camera

Everything I need!

Does this come in the 08 Sedan? I have never seen this compartment.
CrazedEpidemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:36 PM   #99
edmcc
What the Pho?

Drives: '08 Meteorite Metallic MT LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedEpidemic View Post
Does this come in the 08 Sedan? I have never seen this compartment.
Nope, that compartment is on the liftback only.
edmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:02 AM   #100
otterhere

Drives: 2008 Yaris 3-door Meteorite
One more...

WHAT is that circle which looks like it could be popped out to be a hole on the left (as you look at the car head-on) of the bumper?

otterhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #101
33OH

That's where the tow hook goes.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #102
otterhere

You're not serious.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:50 AM   #103
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
he's deadly serious

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #104
33OH

I always seem to lose my change out of it though. It makes for a very bad change holder.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:48 PM   #105
Forrest

Drives: 08 LB BLACK
Quote:
One more...

WHAT is that circle which looks like it could be popped out to be a hole on the left (as you look at the car head-on) of the bumper?

Maybe you need to go back and read your manual.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:46 PM   #106
otterhere

Are you sure that's not the string you pull to make it go?
Old 02-23-2009, 06:55 PM   #107
Alien Mantis
Secret Agent

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Quote:
Are you sure that's not the string you pull to make it go?
I always thought it was the place where you put the Hamster food in!

Old 02-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #108
blktiger60

Drives: `08 HB S
Quote:
obviously I'd do that. If that times comes, I will...

But these things "disappoint" me in a Toyota; I've always been a Japanese car fan and only very reluctant ventured into Nissan and Suzuki territory in the past -- not disappointed with either of these, by the way -- because I was so pro-Toyota. So the overall cheap feel and these nagging little imperfections are just a constant irritation.

Like a dripping faucet; you're not going to put the house on the market or even necessarily pay a plumber $100 to come fix it, but it still grates on your nerves.

...drip...drip...drip...
I can't imagine being your significant other. If this is any indicator, I'd be ready to strangle you after the first date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZINBLUEVITZ View Post
the seats in my 88 corolla 4 door are better than these seats.....

That's because you forgot to choose the 'S' trim option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaYa View Post
You think that's bad...my Yaris occasionally breaks the seventh seal, summons the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, and makes the world spontaneously combust ...

..but that's only in stop and go traffic. Still, I wish Toyota would have fixed that.
Mine has cannons mounted on both sides and a gang plank that comes out the back.
You have to ask for the secret options and know the special code for getting them otherwise you just get a grab bag of options or, none at all.

As far as the coin holder goes, I just fill it up with quarters. My sunglasses, breathmints, a pen and, a dagger are in that compartment too.