Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-25-2010, 11:23 PM   #55
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Price?
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:19 AM   #56
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
we'll get to that peter my man.

I sold the GT25 I had. I got the parts list.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:41 AM   #57
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
ooh. fancy. I like where this is going. Dang it. I better get a job soon.

Side note: Garm, was taking my course walk when I overheard some folk's talking about a SC yaris that beat his Vette! I laughed a little, and talked to the dude. Told him it was me, in Long's car. But, turns out, it was YOU in the turbo beast. I had a good laugh over that one!

Back to topic: when does the warranty expire on the Yaris? 30K, 50K???
(huh, that WASN'T the topic!)
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:42 AM   #58
PETERPOOP

Garm beat a vette!?
Old 06-26-2010, 05:57 AM   #59
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
dude the Garmmobile can beat the Space Shuttle on final approach!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:22 AM   #60
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

Drives: 06 Mazda Miata
Send a message via AIM to RacerFreakXXX
Garm you need to get a "Vette Killer" sticker and put stars on your fender every time you kill one
Old 06-26-2010, 09:34 AM   #61
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
He said course walk I take it he was meaning auto-x.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:43 AM   #62
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ yes, it's the nationals this weekend. I can't race both days, but I would have taken 2nd place in CSM if I did. Kinda disappointed, but stuff happens to limit my availability.

The corvettes are powerful and great on road course, but pretty heavy for the more technical autocrossing. The two '89 Civics spank everyone, every time.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:02 AM   #63
scape

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
just to sum up: what would this kit typically include, and what else would be expected/recommended beyond what the kit would come with?
I vote for a base mapping for 80 degrees, sea level, and ~40-50% humidity: that'd effectively cover many people and could be done relatively easy in a miami-based shop; many would be appreciative of a tune-out-the-door so to speak.
hypothetically, where does this put the power figures with the rough concept of this kit?
scape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:04 PM   #64
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Dibs on being the guinea pig (if one is even necessary) if it nets me a discount.

I don't think you guys could have picked a better time to collaborate lmao. I almost flat out bought the Zage kit (and I still may), but now I potentially have options!

And I gotta agree with almost everyone here - a base tune would be VERY beneficial.
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:11 PM   #65
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus_Sh1ft View Post
Dibs on being the guinea pig (if one is even necessary) if it nets me a discount.
The kit has been running on the guys car for like a year now and makes 150-160whp. My concern besides a base map is the line from the oil pan, will you include a tapped pan, or will we have to tap ourselves. I just ask because I have to travel 1-2hrs away to go to a shop if i can find anyone locally to do it. I'm 99% sure I can, but it may be the same or worse for other people wanting to buy the kit. I guess you guys will work out the datails but If I was going to buy the kit I would want: manifold, turbo, downpipe (with bung for air/fuel) , intercooler, piping, oil pan with tap, lines and fittings, manual boost controller, BOV (with option for hks or greddy), EMS with basemap, and all hardware & instruction needed.

also are you going to do both water and oil cooled lines? and pnp harness option?

Last edited by RacerFreakXXX; 06-26-2010 at 03:23 PM.
RacerFreakXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:05 PM   #66
PETERPOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerFreakXXX View Post
The kit has been running on the guys car for like a year now and makes 150-160whp.
Dyno sheet please.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:20 PM   #67
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

he has them posted in his pics, thiese look like the ones w/o the 1zz-fe injectors.

Last edited by RacerFreakXXX; 06-26-2010 at 05:32 PM.
RacerFreakXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:55 PM   #68
PETERPOOP

thanks. i haven't seen these yet. could the torque be increased with a proper dyno tune? I mean, obviously all numbers will probably increase, but is the gap between HP and TQ usually similar to what is shown there on turbo applications?
Old 06-26-2010, 07:12 PM   #69
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
thanks. i haven't seen these yet. could the torque be increased with a proper dyno tune? I mean, obviously all numbers will probably increase, but is the gap between HP and TQ usually similar to what is shown there on turbo applications?
Absolutely I could increase both HP & TQ by fine tunning it with the AEM FIC. But honestly I want to stay in the 150-155HP range. I feel that is the safest range of power for the stock pistons & rods. That not to say that I couldnt make more HP just for a race or something.
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #70
cdydjded

Quote:
he has them posted in his pics, thiese look like the ones w/o the 1zz-fe injectors.

The first one is with the 1ZZ's, the second one is with the stock injectors. Neither had correction from the AEM FIC.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:20 PM   #71
cdydjded

Quote:
The kit has been running on the guys car for like a year now and makes 150-160whp. My concern besides a base map is the line from the oil pan, will you include a tapped pan, or will we have to tap ourselves. I just ask because I have to travel 1-2hrs away to go to a shop if i can find anyone locally to do it. I'm 99% sure I can, but it may be the same or worse for other people wanting to buy the kit. I guess you guys will work out the datails but If I was going to buy the kit I would want: manifold, turbo, downpipe (with bung for air/fuel) , intercooler, piping, oil pan with tap, lines and fittings, manual boost controller, BOV (with option for hks or greddy), EMS with basemap, and all hardware & instruction needed.

also are you going to do both water and oil cooled lines? and pnp harness option?
Originally I was going to include the Zage pan. I bought one put it on my car & it does not work. The only other option is for the installer to drill a hole on the upper portion of the factory pan.

As for the turbo, option 1, which will be a T28, has for both water & oil but only the oil is absolutely necessary. The water is optional. Option 2, which will be a GT2554R will need both I believe.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #72
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

I think the GT28 on a stock motor is not the appropriate turbo. It would be doggish at 6 psi. The GT25 worked great on my stock motor, it's nimble, spools fast and delivers the power range intended for the kit we're working on.

My intention is to have Carlos build a 2nd kit that I can use for a test car. With two test cars, I think we'll have solid and reliable data. We'll also all have proof (which some people will want to see) that Carlos delivers quality, on time. I believe in him, but it's faith til a kit shows up in a box, if you know what I mean. NO disrespect intended, just to be clear!