Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
Toyota messing with me.....

this is bad, i dont even have the car yet and they are on my nervs. i ordered my brand new 2010 yaris rs about a month and a half ago, a car i was assured would come in 3 weeks..... does anyone else see the problem here? this is worse then waitting for a bus thats schedualed to come every 20mins and i've been waitting for 45 mins so far.... i know its not toyota's fault but i was jsut wondering how long does it take a car to come from japan to ontario on average. also too the sales man told me it was gonna be 3 weeks can i use this to my advantage at all? this post may be useless but i am so excited, its my first car and i put alot of money into jsut getting it. i think i got a good deal already as it is, brand new 2010 yaris rs (with less then 5km on it, yes, i'm picky like that) for $22,350 on road off the lot. this really sucks.....

Last edited by yaris2010RS; 01-01-2010 at 04:31 AM. Reason: change title.....
yaris2010RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
i see a couple of problems , but the real problem is the car should have a minimum 10KM on the clock when bought , otherwise they have not done the prepurchase check properly .
As for delivery date have you spoken to them about it , if yes when are they promising delivery , if you want it faster , walk into the dealer ship with a friend to back you up and ask for your money back .that will get them moving
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
yaris2010RS

lol, i'm 18 years old and i knew my first car would be a brand new toyota, standard, and less then 5km on it, and i told the guy if it has more i wont take it.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:14 PM   #4
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris2010RS View Post
this is bad, i dont even have the car yet and they are on my nervs. i ordered my brand new 2010 yaris rs about a month and a half ago, a car i was assured would come in 3 weeks..... does anyone else see the problem here? this is worse then waitting for a bus thats schedualed to come every 20mins and i've been waitting for 45 mins so far.... i know its not toyota's fault but i was jsut wondering how long does it take a car to come from japan to ontario on average. also too the sales man told me it was gonna be 3 weeks can i use this to my advantage at all? this post may be useless but i am so excited, its my first car and i put alot of money into jsut getting it. i think i got a good deal already as it is, brand new 2010 yaris rs (with less then 5km on it, yes, i'm picky like that) for $22,350 on road off the lot. this really sucks.....

You paid for the car before actually seeing it? When you order a car your dealership doesn't send that order over to Japan and then they make it the way you want it. Your dealership submits a perference order to the local distributor and whenever they receive a Yaris matching your order they will send it to your dealership. The more picky you are about features, the longer it is going to take. Exactly what did you order on your Yaris?
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:24 AM   #5
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
This is a dealership integrity issue.

One has to ask, does this suprise you? Dealerships being a bit shady that is. You never EVER pay up front for a vehicle until it is received.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:28 AM   #6
yaris2010RS

sorry, that was misscomunication, i payed $500 bucks for them to order it, i give them the rest when i pick it up. and check this out, i called the dealer on saturday at 11:18am, its monday morning, still yet to hear from the salesman. as for the car, its 2010 yaris rs with the a/c, 5 speed tranny, rims, seperate winter tires and steelies, blue with the rally spoiler. trying to get another 1000 bucks to get under coat and coating on seats and floors and they gave me the winter rubber mats and paint extra pretective coating for free (which i feel is bull shit, how do i know if i got that coating or not? he told me it was clear and would be all over the car so it rarly needs to be waxed and takes alot longer to get dirty, we will see.) ( does anyone know how to tell with the paint coating?) i need to find out the terms in which i can tell them to fuck off, my mom had the same issue when she wanted the PT cruiser (i know its not toyota), she called media and shit after the car took longer then 3 months to come and 2 days later the company called my mom and told her to come pick up her deposit. i love toyota quality and the rs is sick but ATTRELL TOYOTA IN BRAMPTON IS NOT THE WAY TO GO. i will call him again in the morning, see if i can get a hold of him when they first open. he is always on lunch or with a client. i thought seeing as he is the owners son (phill Attrell, and his father is John Attrell) shit would be soft and go very well. how long would you say is too long to wait for a car? i know he told me 3 weeks at the latest but what is average wait time?
Old 11-30-2009, 01:11 AM   #7
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
I keep a broad scope of what I want in a car. I have never ordered a car. I feel that you can get a better deal for something already on the lot.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:43 AM   #8
darthbauer
Not really here...

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue S hatchback
Quote:
trying to get another 1000 bucks to get under coat and coating on seats and floors and they gave me the winter rubber mats and paint extra pretective coating for free (which i feel is bull shit, how do i know if i got that coating or not? he told me it was clear and would be all over the car so it rarly needs to be waxed and takes alot longer to get dirty, we will see.) ( does anyone know how to tell with the paint coating?)
I call bullshit too. All it is going to be is a wax job by one of their lot boys.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:47 AM   #9
mr9865
$10.25/hr frying chicken

Drives: 2012 Yaris L
money well spent
Old 11-30-2009, 02:07 PM   #10
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
sorry, that was misscomunication, i payed $500 bucks for them to order it, i give them the rest when i pick it up. and check this out, i called the dealer on saturday at 11:18am, its monday morning, still yet to hear from the salesman. as for the car, its 2010 yaris rs with the a/c, 5 speed tranny, rims, seperate winter tires and steelies, blue with the rally spoiler. trying to get another 1000 bucks to get under coat and coating on seats and floors and they gave me the winter rubber mats and paint extra pretective coating for free (which i feel is bull shit, how do i know if i got that coating or not? he told me it was clear and would be all over the car so it rarly needs to be waxed and takes alot longer to get dirty, we will see.) ( does anyone know how to tell with the paint coating?) i need to find out the terms in which i can tell them to fuck off, my mom had the same issue when she wanted the PT cruiser (i know its not toyota), she called media and shit after the car took longer then 3 months to come and 2 days later the company called my mom and told her to come pick up her deposit. i love toyota quality and the rs is sick but ATTRELL TOYOTA IN BRAMPTON IS NOT THE WAY TO GO. i will call him again in the morning, see if i can get a hold of him when they first open. he is always on lunch or with a client. i thought seeing as he is the owners son (phill Attrell, and his father is John Attrell) shit would be soft and go very well. how long would you say is too long to wait for a car? i know he told me 3 weeks at the latest but what is average wait time?
You were very specific on your order. The more picky you are the longer it is going to take. Your dealer did not send your order over to Japan and say "Build it exactly like this." Your dealer puts the order into your distributor. IF/When the distributor receives a Yaris matching your order, they will send it to your dealer. At this point the only thing your dealer has done wrong is to tell you that it would be delivered in 3 weeks. Maybe they meant to tell you that it would be at LEAST 3 weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if it took serveral months for your car to arrive because you were so specific. This a very common problem. People think they can "Build Your Own" Toyota and that Japan will build it just for you. When in fact you can only do a preference order.

For example, if I ordered a Yellow Yaris it is going to take a lot longer than if I ordered a White Yaris. Toyota builds more white than Yellow. Therefore the chances that your distributor will receive a yellow is a lot lower than the chances of getting a white one.
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:26 PM   #11
Banned

Drives: '10 Yaris5drHB+99 4runner LTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
This is a dealership integrity issue.

One has to ask, does this suprise you? Dealerships being a bit shady that is. You never EVER pay up front for a vehicle until it is received.

no, it is not.

dealerships get the vehicles when the truck arrives. they have no control
over when the truck arrives, and a lot of things happen before the truck arrives.

they only get a best estimate of arrival times. some jerk says 'bomb' at the port it can delay a vehicle delivery. dealers have no special control over the intermediaries

by the way I wanted an RS, (usa sport package) and the dealer said good luck that will take a very long time,
so I said screw that I don't really care I'll get a regular model...which still took a while since
I wanted a specific color and option pack
127.0.0.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:06 PM   #12
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
When I went for my car, the dealer had about 10 each of HB and Sedan. This was in April '08. There was a nice choice of options and colors right on the lot. Went with a Met. Metallic with an auto and power package!
WOOT!

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:46 PM   #13
specialeducator

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr9865 View Post
money well spent
what is money well spent?
specialeducator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:42 PM   #14
chai
Go Duke!

Drives: '09 Sedan AT
I bought my Yaris in Wilsonville, OR - drove off the lot with a '09 Yaris with 8mi on the odo. 100% made and assembled in Japan, guess it helps that Portland is so close - straight from Japan --> Portland --> Wilsonville.
chai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:54 PM   #15
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

Mine made it from Kanegasaki to Kingsport, Tennessee with 7 miles on the odometer.
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:14 AM   #16
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Drives: 2009 TOYOTA YARIS SEDAN
I've only bought 1 car sight unseen and that was because the car was at Jacksonville Port Authority and the dealer had not received it yet. Sounds like you put a deposit on a car and when it shows up, it shows up...
RUFFSTUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:22 AM   #17
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
You paid for the car before actually seeing it? When you order a car your dealership doesn't send that order over to Japan and then they make it the way you want it. Your dealership submits a perference order to the local distributor and whenever they receive a Yaris matching your order they will send it to your dealership. The more picky you are about features, the longer it is going to take. Exactly what did you order on your Yaris?
I used to work at a dealer and this quote is exactly what they would do. Which is why its taking so long they havent found your car yet when they thought they would have it by now. Also that coating they put on the car is a load of bull. its just something finanace does to pad the sale.

Just like how honda used to sell perma plate. Some special coating that would make your paint last forever. They charged only what they thought they could get the customer to pay. Some people payed 150 for it some people payed 1000 for it. All it was , was some cheap wax thats it.

When i bought my yaris and the guy started talking. I simply said I want only the car nothing else. I dont want your fancy addons and your gap insurance and all the other crap. I just want the car and thats it.

Also the moment you start to get picky and want this and that then your bargining power starts to go down. Since its not a car on thier lot your less likely to negotiate. I am not sure what the going rate for a yaris is in canada but in US dollars id say thats way to much.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:23 AM   #18
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Drives: 07yaris
I've bought a $35k car 2 yrs ago without test driving it, and it was the first year release.
Only 170 or so made. It was in oregon, and i was in hawaii, so bought and paid sight unseen.
Unfortunately a drunk driver slammed into it 3 months ago, ending my relationship with it. Needless to say i was sad.

anonymous user is offline   Reply With Quote