Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-21-2009, 01:13 AM   #1
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Help with ideas of swapping system out of my other car to my yaris

So my acura has a pioneer deck a mephis audio anolog eq mounted under it and then 2 amps a 4 channel mephis for the deck and a 2 channel for my 2 12 inch subs. I am thinking about tearing it all out and throwing in my yaris.

The thing is i dont feel like putting huge heavy subs in my yaris. I will be stuck with a extra amp. Is it possibel to run both amps to the same deck? My speakers are supose to handle 100 watts i think. Or would that be way overkill. Otherwise im gona have to try to sell the amp and subs. Which i dont really want because i wont get even half of what i paidf or them.

Also do they make a special kit for the yaris yet that allows the use of a single din with a half din below it for my eq. Otherwise i am going to have to see if a stereo shop can make something custom.

ANd what would be a reasonable price to have all this installed in my yaris. So i dont get ripped off.

If anyone remembers my other post about putting in a amp to my factory deck. Many people pretty much everyone said im better off just putting in a aftermarket deck. So i came to a comprimise that lets me do add a amp and deck while stayign in my budget =)
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:16 AM   #2
YarisSedan

component speaker system includes two 6-1/2" woofers and 2 tweeters with built-in crossovers
titanium-injected polypropylene woofer with foam surround
1" Mylar semi-dome tweeter
built-in high-pass crossover
designer grilles and chromium-plated tweeter rings
tweeter mounting hardware for flush-, surface-, and angle-mounts
power range: 2-50 watts RMS (210 watts peak power)
frequency response: 50-22,000 Hz
sensitivity: 91 dB
top-mount depth: 2-1/16"

These are the specs for my front speakers. It says it can handle 210 watts =)
Old 01-21-2009, 01:17 AM   #3
YarisSedan

2-way 6"x9" speakers (pair)
polypropylene woofer cone with Santoprene™ surround
1" Kaladex dome tweeter
power range: 6-90 watts RMS (270 watts peak power)
frequency response: 30-21,000 Hz
sensitivity: 92 dB
top-mount depth: 3-1/4"
And these are the specs for my rear speakers that are currently installed in my yaris to the factory intergrated deck. They sound really underpowered. As theres nearly no mids. Just all highs from the tweeters. Only on some songs that have deep base you can actually feel the woofers slightly. So i am hoping some added power will definately make them sing.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:18 AM   #4
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
actually.. those 6.5" comps only take 50watts... the RMS figure is what matters. But how much power a speaker can take doesn't really mean anything (its neither good nor bad).

the cheapest option for you would most likely to buy a 4channel amps... something that does around 75x4 or 150x2 (at 4ohms).

run two channels to the 6.5 comps.. then the last two channels bridged to a SINGLE 12" sub that can be wired to a 4ohm load (DVC 2ohm, DVC 8ohm, or SVC 4ohm).

I don't know what it is... people really like pairs... front & rear speakers.... and ALWAYS DUAL SUBS... no need... its a tiny car.. it'll get loud with a single 10" with 100watts in a sealed box.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:21 AM   #5
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Hey, get a double DIN kit. You'll be able to put in a two single DIN size equipments in it. I did with a single DIN HU and a "JDM" cubby/cup holders.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:23 AM   #6
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
As for me, I only have a 10" Type R and feeding it only ~220W RMS in a sealed box. It's loud enough. I haven't replaced the factory speakers yet, and probably won't do so until I'm an RN. And if you really want heavy bass, get one 10" or 12" and put it in a bandpass box. That'll rattle your teeth out.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote