Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Suggestions - Feedback - Questions
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-09-2019, 07:00 AM   #1
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Dead links?

Anyone else experiencing this? Both the "Blogs" and "YarisGarage" links appear to be non-functioning. I can see the blogs as the site opens on that page, but those two links at the top don't work. Maybe it's just temporary. I'll check a bit later.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:30 AM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
I've actually been wondering for a while now if new member join functionality has failed. QuattroMC was the last new member to join, and that happened over 2 weeks ago.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:27 AM   #3
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
I've actually been wondering for a while now if new member join functionality has failed. QuattroMC was the last new member to join, and that happened over 2 weeks ago.
Yeah. I'm wondering who the best person to contact would be. I wonder if the site admin(s) are aware of the issue.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
Old 11-10-2019, 11:48 AM   #4
WeeYari

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
I wonder if the site admin(s) are aware of the issue.
ROFL!!
Old 11-10-2019, 01:25 PM   #5
06YarisRS

Quote:
ROFL!!
Really? Is our beloved site really getting that bad? There's been a lot of great stuff lately, IMO. I post/link to it everywhere I can.

Old 11-10-2019, 11:04 AM   #6
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped
Kimona?
One of the only active mods I see still

Xd/2zr-fe Swap/Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61427

Bolt-in 3.75" Suspension Lift Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61577
myfirstyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:41 PM   #7
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstyota View Post
Kimona?
One of the only active mods I see still
I messaged him.

Old 11-10-2019, 04:13 PM   #8
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Yes, I am aware of the problems. Unfortunately, I have no control. And, the administrators will respond to me about as quickly as any other member... which is never! Sadly, it would seem that yarisworld is slowly dying.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:01 PM   #9
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
Sadly, it would seem that yarisworld is slowly dying.
I didnt wanna say it.

Xd/2zr-fe Swap/Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61427

Bolt-in 3.75" Suspension Lift Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61577
myfirstyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:43 PM   #10
06YarisRS

This is very sad indeed. It would be interesting to see statistics on how many new members have joined in the past year/2 years for example. In terms of serious modifications (forced induction, major suspension upgrades etc) to our cars, the site seems to have had its heyday several years ago.

Old 11-12-2019, 10:50 AM   #11
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
We know YarisBueller only comes around once every few years when the forum slows to a crawl and nearly dies. Last that happened, he came in and said that he keeps the forum going just for the sake of keeping it going. It no longer makes any sponsor/vendor money and is just a pure cost to him.

I would not be surprised if I hit the forum one day and it just wasn't here anymore. I have contact info for some of you but if anyone would be interested in keeping in touch with me should this forum go away, you can find the links to my Instagram and Wheelwell profiles in my signature below (which I'm very active on).

I'd enjoy keeping in touch with all of you but don't want to be annoying, so again, feel free to PM me for my phone number or hit me on the other interwebz social channels.

<3

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:52 AM   #12
WeeYari

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
I would not be surprised if I hit the forum one day and it just wasn't here anymore.
Don't know who other than me has noticed this. For the past couple of years, when this site sends you a birthday wishes email, it comes from admin @ some VW Mark IV site.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:51 PM   #13
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Don't know who other than me has noticed this. For the past couple of years, when this site sends you a birthday wishes email, it comes from admin @ some VW Mark IV site.
Interesting. I don't think I have my birthday listed, so I don't recall ever seeing those.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:01 PM   #14
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
We know YarisBueller only comes around once every few years when the forum slows to a crawl and nearly dies. Last that happened, he came in and said that he keeps the forum going just for the sake of keeping it going. It no longer makes any sponsor/vendor money and is just a pure cost to him.

I would not be surprised if I hit the forum one day and it just wasn't here anymore. I have contact info for some of you but if anyone would be interested in keeping in touch with me should this forum go away, you can find the links to my Instagram and Wheelwell profiles in my signature below (which I'm very active on).

I'd enjoy keeping in touch with all of you but don't want to be annoying, so again, feel free to PM me for my phone number or hit me on the other interwebz social channels.

<3
Oh, we've got to keep in touch, for sure. I sure hope YW doesn't die completely. I did find one other site that has a Yaris forum but it's small by comparison. It's also UK/Europe-based. I suppose one of us could start a Facebook page, but not being a Facebook guru, I don't even know if it supports forums for example. Minimally, it might keep people up to date on projects and such.

Old 11-12-2019, 02:00 PM   #15
Leegamer

Drives: No longer own a yaris :(
Honestly this is the only forum I still go to. The FB yaris groups are pretty lame and are mostly people putting hotboi wheels on their cars.

I used to run a regional Z31 forum and I had to shut it down because everyone moved over to Facebook.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:04 PM   #16
Leegamer

Drives: No longer own a yaris :(
I'd happily create a Yaris World Facebook group. Since the admins are not really present I'm guessing no one would be upset?
Old 11-12-2019, 04:17 PM   #17
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegamer View Post
I'd happily create a Yaris World Facebook group. Since the admins are not really present I'm guessing no one would be upset?
Hopefully we don't have to get to that stage, but that's a generous offer.

Old 11-12-2019, 03:36 PM   #18
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Let's try to keep this place alive as best we can. I'd rather it not move to Facebook as I do not have an account there, nor will I ever.
NYC-SE is online now   Reply With Quote