Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-21-2012, 01:38 AM   #19
yarisyeti

Drives: 2011 Yaris 3d LB
does anyone have a schematic on the ecm? I am wanting to install automatic light kit to turn on my lights during nighttime and when i turn my wipers on. I only need to find location of these:
http://www.directeddealers.com/manua...tion_Guide.pdf
yarisyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:03 AM   #20
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Check my remote start DIY for most of the wiring points that you need (it will all be done under the steering column).

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24860

The only ones that aren't on my DIY are the wiper. You will use the violet wiper wire on your module and connect it to the light blue wire or the yellow wire on the wiper stalk connector. The only issue is that our wiper stalk has the circuitry within it for the intermittents and separate outputs for low and high speed modes, so yellow will output when the wipers are in low or intermittent and blue when they are in high.

To make it work in both modes you could use two diodes. The white striped ends of the two diodes will both connect to the violet wire on the module and the other end of the diodes will connect one to the blue and the other to the yellow.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #21
vten

Drives: red bare bone yaris hb 3dr
oops I forgot about this one :P

sorry for being slow ....refresh me again ..

once those parts are installed, how to lock or unlock the trunk ? do I need a separate switch or it'll lock/ unlock once I lock/unlock from the driver door key hole ?

thanks
vten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #22
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by vten View Post
oops I forgot about this one :P

sorry for being slow ....refresh me again ..

once those parts are installed, how to lock or unlock the trunk ? do I need a separate switch or it'll lock/ unlock once I lock/unlock from the driver door key hole ?

thanks
If you use the existing OEM wiring the hatch will unlock with the doors.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:41 PM   #23
spookybathtub

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
I have the base model 2007 HB with manual everything. I want to add a power lock to the hatch, but not the 2 front doors. How would this work, can I install a button somewhere on the dash to lock/unlock the hatch?
spookybathtub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:49 PM   #24
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookybathtub View Post
I have the base model 2007 HB with manual everything. I want to add a power lock to the hatch, but not the 2 front doors. How would this work, can I install a button somewhere on the dash to lock/unlock the hatch?
Yes. You would need a three position switch (or two separate switches) to lock and unlock it.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:22 PM   #25
spookybathtub

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Cool. I understand the hatch is already pre-wired, but do you know where that wire leads?

So I just need to buy one cable actuator, and connect it to 12V, and that's it? Seems too easy. Does the key lock still function too?
spookybathtub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:26 PM   #26
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookybathtub View Post
Cool. I understand the hatch is already pre-wired, but do you know where that wire leads?

So I just need to buy one cable actuator, and connect it to 12V, and that's it? Seems too easy. Does the key lock still function too?
The key lock would still function. For the hatch You need a rod, not cable actuator, and even with that it is tricky to install it correctly, as the OEM actuator rotates, rather than moving in a linear motion.

For the wiring, the other end comes into the under-dash fuse panel. If you look at my DIY on installing a Scion IQ hatch switch in place of the Yaris lock, it is documented there.
Old 01-18-2021, 05:09 AM   #27
mbaike
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris 3D
Hello everyone!

The question is for those who managed to implement this installation.

Can you describe "step by step" what and how you did it?

I have a regular Yaris SCP90 2008 with a a base (no power) mechanical boot lid lock.

I bought an outdoor electric button 69209-52010 from Yaris with keyless entry.
And I also bought a lock with a built-in solenoid 69350-52110 from Yaris with keyless entry.

I would like to open the car as usual using the buttons on the key, but open the boot lid itself by simply pressing the electric button on the boot lid handle.

Is it even possible to implement it?
mbaike is offline   Reply With Quote