Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Northwest
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #19
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
...Now HTF did you blow the speakers up? I want to hear this one.

You realize that Derick and I know a LOT about sanding...

If we have an opportunity next time, I'd volunteer to do SQ judging. I'd much rather have it sanctioned but I can do an unofficial SQ judging. I'd be hitting accuracy of staging, imaging, depth, width, height, tonality, and ambiance (amongst other characteristics). If I was the only SQ judge, I wouldn't compete with my car due to a BIG conflict of interest.

Next year's event we should really look into this possibility.
How did I blow them up.......well when I put the pods in and the crossovers went in the doors under the rest area there above the handle....I set the tweeter on there and forgot it was there and turned the car on not really thinking........then a big squeel.....and a bang before I could get the car back off....the tweeter grounded out on the crossover and it took out one comp and possible one channel on the amp....crossover seems ok,tweeter is ok....and the other comp on passenger side is ok

I have the 4 channels so I swapped to channel 3 and 4 on the amp and tried to see if it would still work but only on one side,which sounded incredable....lol

Win some lose some.....the JL comps are ok....actually not too bad....I will save up and get me a set of the HAT comps or maybe another set of DLS....or God only knows what...lol
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:17 PM   #20
PSTOC.org

Drives: Toyota's, Scions, Lexus
I like my ED's. :)

In other news,
Almost half the grass spots are gone so get them while you can!
PSTOC.org is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:41 PM   #21
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
BZ - I know who can hook you up with the HAT's! Regardless of what you get, let's get the speakers set up correctly before we go blowing things up. :P
Old 06-29-2011, 12:01 AM   #22
bzinn 1

I know huh......actually they are the first comps I ever broke.....but I do want to try out a set of HATs they look like a great set....the ones with the pink motors are beautiful....but me no make that kind of money....lol....but one can dream
Old 07-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #23
PSTOC.org

Just about a month away! Get those preregistration's in to be sure you get your spot! Only a few more and you get your own trophy category! Would hate to see you guys lumped into "Other" :(
Old 07-07-2011, 09:06 PM   #24
bzinn 1

I will be signing up on Friday,next friday....payday....hoping that I dont get lumped into other....but no matter what I am there to show off my car and all the hard work I did to it this year......

No matter where I go or drive I get questions about it,stares at it....heck the little guy has even got me a number of two from some ladies....and one number was even a real number......lol
Old 07-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #25
Tylermayer

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzinn 1 View Post
I will be signing up on Friday,next friday....payday....hoping that I dont get lumped into other....but no matter what I am there to show off my car and all the hard work I did to it this year......

No matter where I go or drive I get questions about it,stares at it....heck the little guy has even got me a number of two from some ladies....and one number was even a real number......lol
+1
Old 07-18-2011, 02:47 PM   #26
PSTOC.org

Less than a month away! Would like to take the time to thank our sponsors Titus-will Toyota and Toyota of Kirkland for their support. Always nice to have dealerships that support the local community especially in the hard times.

We would also like to announce that this year there will be LIVE music! The Cutwinkles will be performing throughout the day playing both covers and original music of the rock genre.

We will also have Classic arcade games on free play for everyone to enjoy! Super Offroad, Street Fighter 2, and The real Ghostbusters. Thanks to our friends down at Dorky's Arcade in Tacoma.

Remember we only have a week or 2 left to order trophies so if your car is not specifically on this list http://pstoc.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=5673, then be sure to register very soon!!!!

We are always working hard to give you the best bang for your buck! And spectators are always welcome FREE.

Last edited by PSTOC.org; 07-19-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:53 AM   #27
bzinn 1

Just signed up tonight......so who else here is gonna be there........I miss my Yari buds....got me a grass spot,

Now to finish the tweets and clean the hell out of the thing.....and of course put in the midpipe....now that is work I like....lol....hope I dont sound like a fart can honda...lol
Old 07-22-2011, 11:36 PM   #28
PSTOC.org

Bump. New Flyer has been added to first post :)
Old 07-29-2011, 11:21 PM   #29
PSTOC.org

So with only about 2 weeks left for preregistration, I'd like to dedicate this bump to point out the money saved by preregistering. Not only do you save $5 (That's $5 more you can put in your tank), you also help us to plan the parking so we don't have to separate anyone. So say we think only 4 of one model is showing up for example and we leave maybe one extra spot for the last minute registration, what are we going to do when 5 more show up at random? :)

But on to the good news. You want media coverage for your car? Well you got it!

PSTOC is please to announce the newest partner for PSTOF, NWMotive.com!

NWMotiv.com was formed by a collective group of automotive enthusiasts from around the Pacific Northwest region in 2010 to bring our scene back into the light. They have deep roots within the automotive industry and will work hard to showcase what our region has to offer.

We are pleased and excited to have them on board for our seventh and largest PSTOF ever!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:17 PM   #30
PSTOC.org

In this bump we are taking O.B.O. to the extreme. :)

So some of you remember when we raffled off a car at PSTOF. Well since we can't raffle one off due to gambling laws we got the next best thing!

This year we bring a little auto auction to you, Toyota Style!

This year you could come home with not a Camry or a 3rd gen Celica But a 1971 Toyota Corona Mark II!!

So details details, always need details.

This is a running, driving, stopping, fantastic example of vintage Toyota goodness.
Believed to be 126K ORIGINAL miles!!!!!! Garaged most of its life!
Toyoglide Automatic
Now this does need tune up work, but has lots of new parts including a WEBER carburetor that is ready to install.

This is all the info we have on the car right now but this will be on display for you to inspect, hear and see run, and all the usual stuff you'd get to do at an auto auction. This is a private seller that is going to be donating a portion of the sales to our charity. So we hope you come ready to take a rare piece of Toyota history home with you!

Old 08-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #31
bzinn 1

IM IN.....that could be straight sex if doen right.......I owned one at age 17,1987 for those who may be wondering....lol.......it was a good car then to drive and mine had over 300000 miles on it then and I put another 80000 on it before I gave it away......gave it away.......head slap...
Old 08-05-2011, 11:56 PM   #32
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Sweet @ the Corona
Old 08-08-2011, 12:31 AM   #33
PSTOC.org

Ok so here we are 1 week away. Awards are done, parking spots are being arranged, and people with other car makes are still envious of our event!

So a few small announcements are left to be made.

1st we will be closing Preregistration down on Friday(12th) night. So if you want to save a few bucks do get it in before then.

2nd If you don't have a toy to donate day of you will need to pay the extra $5 so we can buy one for you at the registration/check in table. You will not get be able to check in until you pay.

3rd Registration/check in table will be located inside Griot's Garage in their awesome car museum. Please remember day of registration is CASH ONLY. We can not except credit or debit cards on site for the show.

When you pull in you will be greeted by our parking staff (You really can't miss them this year they will look like florescent pumpkins :) ) They will tell you what area you are to park in and there will be someone else to help you find it. We are keeping the makes together as much as possible, that means even in the grass spots. Please listen to the parking staff as we have a certain way you will need to park in the grass so as to fit everyone who paid in there.

So if you have any questions please feel free to ask them in our PSTOF section on pstoc.org for the fastest response.

See you all there!!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #34
bzinn 1

I am so excited.......windshield tint goes on Friday....a few CF parts have been added....I made them out of a sheet I bought........cleaning and a few other things liek bondo and primer to A pillars and I am ready to bring it.....I better see some more Yari from PNW there......so far I heard there are 3 pre registered....3....we can do bETTER THAN THAT....WELL MAYBE NOT..that may be all the modded yaris in PNW...I did hear from a painter that a widebody Yaris left his shop a week ago....not sure if it will be there but one can hope.........
Old 08-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #35
thefoth
Project Sideways Yaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris 3 Dr RWD!
Send a message via AIM to thefoth Send a message via MSN to thefoth
I will be down at this event (w/o a car :( ). Running the NWMotiv booth. Looking forward to seeing you all there. Anyone have interest in some parts? Thinking about selling CF seats, Kaminari hb kit.
thefoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #36
bzinn 1

Consider the kami kit sold as of today bro.......as long as it is not too spendy....comeon Foth.....what all parts besides seats you gonna pull,got a front sway bar by chance....

Brian