Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Northwest
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
OTOC

Drives: Toyota
otoc monthly meets (aug)

same place and time(7pm) only its happening on a WEDNESDAY the 10th.

address is the lot behind Wendy's

7663 sw nyberg rd,
tualation, or 97062

leave a reply if you think your down for one of the meets....we'd love to have a new face show up....check out the last meet pictures on our facebook page album.......if your game enough, come out and join us!

facebook link >>>>>> http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6&l=4596c9a3c6
OTOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #2
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I'd like to be able to bring a couple SQ discs and be available to anyone who has a stereo system in their car at this meet.

I'm a certified IASCA judge and would be willing to give advice and some pointers if they wanted to improve their system, no matter what the price level. I am compelled to apologize for this last meeting. I was ill prepared to start talking and doling out advice. I had no good reference music except all the lossless music on my iPhone. On of our good members asked about his system and I answered rather harshly. I shouldn't have done so. I told him that I didn't like how he had his setup. So, I'll ask publicly to have him accept my apology. I want to work with him on his budget level so we can improve the little things about how his system is laid out and installed. We can improve it with some inexpensive and subtle changes.

I should be on track to have my Yaris there fully operationally system wise. I'm talking something like this:

^not really F'n around.

It will sound off...soon...
Old 07-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
OTOC

no worries about that i actually asked you if you liked it or not.....its not everyone's taste......(this is nate btw)...... im always down for advice and such......its not really my budget that im worried about right now....its more or less getting ready for pstof....and i have to get some rims first then ill be working on some more audio stuff.......i might be asking about some boxes and such in the near future.

i really hope you come and give some advice when asked, thats always a plus. cant wait to see your set-up as well..

oh and btw thank your business for the killer bread free-bies to.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:44 AM   #4
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Wow; that is some SERIOUS audio!
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

^ I know, right?

I am NOT messing around. For some people it's drifting or Auto X, for some it's show n' shine. For me it's sound. I'll try to bring an IASCA SQ score sheet with me to show everyone what exactly goes into judging an SQ vehicle's audio system.

...and we got the frame welded and bolted into the car last night. Tonight it's fleecing the sub enclosure, wrapping the amp board, and placing and covering the Bit One...

I'm waiting on the new Alternator...

Here's a shot of the primary battery:

Old 07-30-2011, 12:25 AM   #6
OTOC

come up and around the corner......also check out pstof in the other thread...gonna be awesome.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:01 AM   #7
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

I'm there at this month's meeting...most likely...

I say that because I'll be in the middle of my Army National Guard annual training. If I'm asked to be working 24 hours a day...I work 24 hours that day. Honestly, I should be off by 4:30pm. That being said, I should have the system sounding off and in a presentable sound situation by the 10th.

Here's a sneak peek:

Old 08-02-2011, 12:16 AM   #8
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
I would like a SQ disk.......seriously...I need one to help me tune a bit better.....please man....please....also if ya got some tone disks,i need to recheck my gains and crossover points...
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:06 AM   #9
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

If you were down here, I'll be bringing the IASCA disc with me to the OTOC meeting. I can help you with crossover points over the computer. Gains should be set with an O-scope to get the most accuracy.

Speaking of...

Would you look at what's up and playing?

I've managed to get it to a VERY similar tune to what I had on the deck before the Bit One. Now...I have a couple weeks to play with the tune. After the show at Soundsgood, I have a year to play around with the tune and massage the system to make all the speakers and enclosures perfect and harmonious.

What gets me though, I haven't figured out yet if I can adjust each side of the slope independently like I could with the P-01 crossover. It'd be a pisser if you couldn't...