Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-07-2009, 08:21 PM   #1
ryota
Dry Bones

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to ryota
radio harness

installing my speakers and such and got to the radio harness. i got the wally world plug in thingy which has 4 plugs... the 2 from the back of my stereo plug in which leaves 2 for some other unknown plugs. what goes into the remaining 2 plugs in the harness kit from wally world or do they just hang in case i have to plug something into them at a later date?
Old 08-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #2
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

Drives: 07 liftback
What all did you decide to install?
Bob Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:22 PM   #3
ryota
Dry Bones

the harness will be running to the 4 channel amp for my 4 speakers. i'm not sure if i have what i need or not or if there are 2 parts the the radio harness from wally world. i plugged the from the back of my hu into the harness and have 2 plugs left over in the harness and nothing going into the hu... am i missing something??? did i forget to buy the other half of the radio harness thing from wally world??? let me know and if so i'll run there tonight so i can get this thing done.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:32 PM   #4
ryota
Dry Bones

do all of the wires from the harness get used???
Old 08-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #5
Mobius1
Installer

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
The harnesses from Walmart are multipurpose for different years makes and models, just use the two that plug in. Should be a small one for the rear speakers with an illumination wire and a larger one with the front speakers and 12v/switched/ground

A pic would let me know whats up to help u
Mobius1 is offline   Reply With Quote