Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-11-2009, 07:05 AM   #1
iaq

Drives: Toyota vitz 2006
Need help on permanent air bag sign

Hi guys!!!

i need your help. i have vitz 2006 and today my car air bag sign is not disappearing . It remains permanently. It does not coming or switching off. I am facing this problem today. What could be the possible reason for this and please provide me any help on this issue. The sign remains there on meter while driving whereas before when i start my car it usually disappear within 2 to 3 secs. But today i am facing this issue. i just recently installed projectors and side mirror with indicators. Are these installation create any problem or something else. How do i fix this problem . Please advise me on this issue. Thanks alot.
iaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:10 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Honestly, the best way would be to take it to a Toyota dealer where they can plug in their diagnostic tool and tell you exactly what's happening. Maybe a wire was disconnected during the installation of your lights, it's impossible for anyone here to really know...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:43 AM   #3
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Means there is a issue and if you are in accident the air bags wont deploy. You need a manufacturer scanner to be able to read the fault codes. etimago is right you need to take it to the dealer immediately. Since it is a safety problem it may be covered under warrenty. As is if they say its 400 dollars to fix and you say i donti have that kind of money. You drive the car and get into a accident because of a fault in the vehicle from the manufacture and get seriousely hurt. You have the potential to sue toyota. Anything like seatbelts and airbags usually is a lifetime warrenty.

Like if 10 years from now your seatbelts start to get frayed you can bring it back for free seatbelt replacements.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #4
iaq

Drives: Toyota vitz 2006
@YarisSedan and etimago
Thanks guys for your help and tomorrow i will go to toyota and check with them. air bags are not deploy what i thinks and etimago suggested is may be a wire is disconnected or some electronic malfunction because i have installed projectors and side mirror covers with indicator and may be person who was installing them have disconnected the air bag feature which means there is something wrong and it is an issue. Safety comes first so i will go tomorrow to toyota dealer and will see what happens and will let you know what was wrong with the car. Also i noticed when air bag sign appearred my car started shivering. Anyways i will go and tell you what happened there. Thanks for your support
iaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
i would guess a wire is unplugged... when I took out my passenger seat when doing my sound dampening install I had to disconnect a wiring harness that was a sensor for the air bags, thus, I got the airbag light (and it stayed on all the time). A day later when I put my car back together the light went away as soon as that plug was re-connected.