Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-09-2011, 12:31 AM   #1
Domosofly

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan
wiring after market speakers to an amp.

Which way is the best way to wire after-market speakers to an amplifier.
Should I run speaker wires to the the speakers them selves and through the door directly to the amp, or run wire from the radio wiring harness to the amp?

Also i'm using the factory speaker adapters to mount my speakers would this be a problem later in the future? They are screwed into the adapter , I just feel they aren't really secure; will the vibrations from the music loosen the screws and eventually force them to fall out?

Thanks for any help.
Domosofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:58 AM   #2
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
What we need to know is what you're working with more specifically. Are you using an aftermarket stereo, what is the amplifier and speakers you're using?
Old 04-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Domosofly

I started to wire my sound system today. I did run the new speaker wire i bought directly from the speakers to the amp, instead from the radio harness. I got new front and rear alpine type s speakers, which i had to fiddle with for a bit to actually get them to fit in the car. I have a new alpine head unit, and amp. Now i just got to figure out if they work. This is my first type putting in a new car sound system.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Take some pics! Let's see your handiwork.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:35 PM   #5
Domosofly

ill load some up tomorrow, most my stuff is closed up though.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:08 PM   #6
Domosofly

Ok im done and the speakers work but the airbag light is on and i think its because there is still one plug left that went into my old integrated radio, what should i do the get the airbags to work?
Old 04-10-2011, 02:11 PM   #7
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Weird, I had an integrated radio also, and went to a pioneer HU. No airbag lights for me. Sure you didnt disconnect some thing under the seat or by the side pillar? Mine had a plug left over also behind the radio, ftw.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #8
Domosofly

Ok ahah, well i just unhooked the negative and re hooked it back in and it went off.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:36 PM   #9
Domosofly

So if i wanted to hook up another amp how would i got about doing that? The amp would be a mono amp that supplies a 4 ohm load with 300 watts RMS, i would connect it to a single 12 inch sub woofer. Would i use a distribution block and just split 0 to 4 gauge, or is there a better way. And would having two amps end up dimming my lights and putting alot of strain on my alternator? I also have a amp running to my 4 door speakers, that delivers 50 watts.

Here are the amps.
1) Alpine MRP-M500
2) Alpine MRP-F300

thanks.