Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-21-2020, 02:52 PM   #1
ristivojevic
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris hybrid
Pedestrian warning

Hello. I have yaris hibrid 2019. This days when I drive in city I notice a lot of pedestrian dont notice me when i'm in hybrid drive. I was thinking if is possible somehow program key detection speaker outside (when you turn car and leave it and no key inside it make beep sound) to turn on when electric motor work at low speed. Using horm make them jump, neutral dont even want rev engine and only thing is open windows and turn radio volume on max. Hope some have solution.
ristivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 04:43 AM   #2
RadonPL
I've made a post!

Drives: 2018 Yaris Hybrid
  1. It's not your responsibility if the pedestrians don't look where they're going.
  2. There's nothing more you can do.
Sorry, they have to learn to look around instead of their phones.

The horn is the best solution to train them to look! If it's not your car, then there will be another that could cause a collision with pedestrians.
RadonPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 06:46 AM   #3
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadonPL View Post
  1. It's not your responsibility if the pedestrians don't look where they're going.
  2. There's nothing more you can do.
Sorry, they have to learn to look around instead of their phones.

The horn is the best solution to train them to look! If it's not your car, then there will be another that could cause a collision with pedestrians.
If you hit a pedestrian for whatever reason, you’re going to be in a lot of trouble one way or another.

if I am in such a vehicle I would record proof that I had contacted the manufacture about the problems I was experiencing. So in the event of an accident my ass would be covered!

Tags
alarm, collision, pedestrian, sound, warning