Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-11-2021, 06:01 PM   #1
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
07 5dr A/C retrofit? looking for a list and tips

since this year and last year has been sooooo hot, my wife wants AC in the yaris and i dont blame her

let me set the record straight first, this is a base model 07 5dr from canada now in the states
secondly ive done AC swaps in the past on much..MUCH older 70s stuff even did one on a corrolla

ive searched and i keep coming up empty on the details..has ANYONE on here actualy done the swap?, anyone got pics or a list?

i fully intend to hit up the wreckers and pull everything im just hoping there isnt come ecu issue or something like that...id LOVE to find out if the heater box is the same on non AC cars, thus saving me some coin on parts..also looking for wiring pinout for adding the AC

this high humidity 100deg crap can go suck it...its the pacific north wet..wheres our rain!!!!!!
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 01:53 PM   #2
stykerdk
Yaris Hybrid Limited 2015

Drives: yaris Hybrid limited 2015
Manual here for AC retrofit.
Its for 1,3 But it should helt.
https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimupload...00%20559-3.pdf
Old 08-12-2021, 02:02 PM   #3
sh0rtlife

if im seeing that correctly it looks like the ac parts for the heater box just bolt in and that the box itself isnt different?..can someone confirm?
Old 08-12-2021, 02:44 PM   #4
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
This topic of doing an a/c swap gets raised quite often. I do not believe we have ever seen it carried out since, in all honesty, it is more cost effective to just buy an a/c equipped Yaris.
Old 11-30-2021, 08:46 PM   #5
sh0rtlife

from my vast digging around the site, the info is spread far and is VERY thin, almost transparent

initial findings however is that it does seem that the ac and non ac boxes are identical, as well as the controls save for the "blank" pad gets pulled on one of them and the defrost rear swapped to the blank, and the ac switch put in its place, but the controls and housings are all the same

the other thing ive come across so far is that there is but 1 single wire in the controls thats extra, there is also a modual under the heater box that i grabbed off an ac car just to be sure

in my hands right now i have controls, lines, condensor and evaporator, and the under box modual tho i think that i may be just for the electric heater, i still need to figure out the wiring and pickup the AC pump

im doing this totaly on the slow...gathering and figuring and wont be bothering to install it till next year

if anyones got wireing diagrams i would be greatful, the car is a 07 canadian 5dr....to which has proven more tricky with wiring as its not entirely the same as a us spec(figured that out while doing the fog lights)
Old 12-12-2021, 02:41 AM   #6
David90

Drives: Mazda
I agree on the colleagues that mentioned it might be easier to just buy an a/c equipped yaris
David90 is offline   Reply With Quote