Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-21-2009, 02:17 AM   #1
AlainMikli

Drives: ings 09 Yaris 3 Door LiftBack
Upgrade Brake & Rotor??

As I want to upgrade the breaks & rotors, I've search around internet but I didn't find any after market brand which available for yaris. Does anyone know is there any after market brand which has brake pads & rotors for yaris?

Or, does anyone know will the rotor & brake pads comparable with xA xB ??

thanks
REAL JDM ings+1 Full Body Kit…REAL JDM C-One Spoiler…Retrofit Projector Headlight…Kiddo 6-pots BBK…CE 28N J-Time Attack…Bride Ergo II Racing Seat…Personal Steering Wheel…Work Bell Quick Release…Dealer Option Sun Roof…JDM RS LED Side Mirror…JDM RS Taillight…C-One Oil Cap…C-One Radiator Cap…TRD Iridium Racing Spark Plug…Tom's Fuel Map Controller…Blitz throttle controller…GReddy Informeter Touch…MR Suspension…TRD Rear Sway Bar…MR C-Pillar Bar…GTspec Front Strut Bar & Rear Strut Bar…AFE Intake…WR Header…Nitto Mid-Pipe…Greddy Ti-C axleback…Goodridge SS Brake Line…
To do: Supercharger…

Last edited by AlainMikli; 05-21-2009 at 05:22 AM.
AlainMikli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:47 AM   #2
scape

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
http://shop.microimageonline.com/cat...4?categoryId=3

i'm positive there are many rotors available elsewhere
scape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
botchilah

Drives: white and red shiny things
I was at a motor show recently and there was a manufacturer from Thaland claiming to be an OE supplier to Toyota in Thailand. They had a 300++mm rotor upgrade for the Yaris / Vios while still using stock calipers. I think the cmpany was called RUNSTOP.

As for brake pads, here's a few from Hyper Rev for NCP91 chassis Yaris:

BRAND / MODEL operating temp in celsius

Wedsport Revspec

SC - 0-350
CC - 0-450
RC - 0-750

ACRE

Super Fighter 0-450
Light Sports 0-500
Formula Acre 0-800
Formula Titan 0-850

C-One (no temps listed)

SS
R

Delphi Lockheed

Type EX 0-350
Type SA 50-550
Type ZA 50-700
Type ZR 50-850

Project U

Type-NS 0-400
B-Spec 0-500
Type-NR 0-650
Type-HC+ 0-800
Level Max 900 0-950
Comp-B Gymkhana 0-450 (front) 0-400 (rear)
Racing 777 300-800 (full-race pads)
Racing 999 200-800 (full race pads)

As for complete BBK kits, both Wilwood and ENDLESS make 4-pot front brake kits (calipers, 2-piece rotors, SS lines and mounting brackets).

Sorry for the long post. These are of course from the Japanese Hyper Rev magazine. Back here we're used to special ordering these stuff straight from Japan. If you would like to special order parts directly, PM me, I can point you to an American based in Japan who takes care of special order parts, working in TRIAL Tuning.
08' Yaris HB 5dr: RAYS 57 Motorsports 17X7 / K&N SRI / TANABE axleback exhaust / ULTRA RACING complete braces / MEGAN RACING complete braces / NEX coilovers / NEX 330mm 4-pot front BBK / PENGUIN GARAGE hub spacers / HOTBITS headers / BUDDY CLUB oil cap and rad cap / APP SS brake lines / HKS synthetic lubes / RECARO SR5 seats / TRD shiftknob / cheap FEDERAL (free) tires lol. NEXT: HKS F-CON iS
botchilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:08 AM   #4
botchilah

Drives: white and red shiny things
Here are rotors available for the Yaris.

Endless 1-piece ventilated front rotor
C-One 1-piece ventilated and slotted rotors

The rest listed in Hyper Rev are for older, pre NCP91 chassis Yaris
08' Yaris HB 5dr: RAYS 57 Motorsports 17X7 / K&N SRI / TANABE axleback exhaust / ULTRA RACING complete braces / MEGAN RACING complete braces / NEX coilovers / NEX 330mm 4-pot front BBK / PENGUIN GARAGE hub spacers / HOTBITS headers / BUDDY CLUB oil cap and rad cap / APP SS brake lines / HKS synthetic lubes / RECARO SR5 seats / TRD shiftknob / cheap FEDERAL (free) tires lol. NEXT: HKS F-CON iS
botchilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #5
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
http://yarisuniverse.com/shop/catego...aram=cid%3D%26

There's been a review on these products in a thread here.
mrbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #6
jkuchta

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatch (red)
Cali Yaris has Carbotech pads for the yaris that are out of this world!

I'm running the XP8 compound on the front, and have done several trackdays with these pads, slotted rotors, and ATE Superblue DOT 4 fluid, and have never had any brake fade.

The XP8 pads have tons of bite, which only gets better as they get hotter!

The only downsides of this pad compound are more dust, and brake noise when the pads are cold.

www.microimageonline.com is the place to go for brakes!
jkuchta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:57 PM   #7
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
^^ +1

I have the Carbotech 1521 bobcat pads and R1 drilled and slotted rotors and the difference was night and day in braking power AND they lasted longer than stock for me(and they are still good!)
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:16 PM   #8
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I sell the R1 Concepts rotors and CarboTech pads (3 versions).

No complaints ever!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:54 PM   #9
AlainMikli

Just saw this one:
http://www.fastscions.com/scion-xa-x...-15015652.aspx

wonder if our hub/spindles are the same as XA/XB, anyone knows? If so, I'm ordering this one right now, haha.
REAL JDM ings+1 Full Body Kit…REAL JDM C-One Spoiler…Retrofit Projector Headlight…Kiddo 6-pots BBK…CE 28N J-Time Attack…Bride Ergo II Racing Seat…Personal Steering Wheel…Work Bell Quick Release…Dealer Option Sun Roof…JDM RS LED Side Mirror…JDM RS Taillight…C-One Oil Cap…C-One Radiator Cap…TRD Iridium Racing Spark Plug…Tom's Fuel Map Controller…Blitz throttle controller…GReddy Informeter Touch…MR Suspension…TRD Rear Sway Bar…MR C-Pillar Bar…GTspec Front Strut Bar & Rear Strut Bar…AFE Intake…WR Header…Nitto Mid-Pipe…Greddy Ti-C axleback…Goodridge SS Brake Line…
Old 05-22-2009, 10:58 PM   #10
supmet
Banned

^^ what size rims are you running?

edit: I think this is gonna be the first $40,000 yaris...
Old 05-22-2009, 11:02 PM   #11
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
anyone done research on the camry/corola rotor on the car? hey, GM decided to upgrade the brakes on the 98vs97 camaros and firebirds...and they bolt right on.

i'd like to know if anyone's done a comparison on the oem yaris knuckle vs an oem corolla/camry knuckle. if they're the same dimensions they''ll bolt right up and you can use oem bearings and oem calipers pads and rotors....and get a bigger rotor.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:11 PM   #12
AlainMikli

Quote:
Originally Posted by supmet View Post
^^ what size rims are you running?

16X7 42mm offset right now. As long as they will fit on my knuckle, my rims should clear because my friend has a set on his AE86 under his 15" SSR.

Won't be 40k haha, not until my PE SC and custom widebody w/new paint job(I'm thinking about it still) plus all my other parts on my "to do" list.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:59 AM   #13
supmet
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlainMikli View Post
16X7 42mm offset right now. As long as they will fit on my knuckle, my rims should clear because my friend has a set on his AE86 under his 15" SSR.
He has that exact kit?

Not much of a BIG brake kit if it fits under 15s - and if it truly fits under 15s, I can guarantee you won't get 6 times the performance of the R1 concepts/carbotech combo. I'd be highly surprised if they were even 10% better - the brakes from garm are already almost TOO much braking power.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:12 AM   #14
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
no such thing as too much braking power in my book

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:07 AM   #15
AlainMikli

Quote:
Originally Posted by supmet View Post
He has that exact kit?

Not much of a BIG brake kit if it fits under 15s - and if it truly fits under 15s, I can guarantee you won't get 6 times the performance of the R1 concepts/carbotech combo. I'd be highly surprised if they were even 10% better - the brakes from garm are already almost TOO much braking power.
I honestly don't know if he has the EXACT same kit, but all I know is he had Greddy custom make the bridge/adaptor for that caliper for his car and Greddy only has one mini 6 pot I believe. Yup, I did fit under his 15X10 SSR.
Well, I think mini 6 pot will still have better braking power than our OEM caliper even with good pad and rotor combo because it does have more clamping force for the same size rotor if not bigger. My other friend replaced a set of AP racing caliper for his OEM brembo with the same stock size rotor, and it did give him better braking just because the AP has bigger piston in them and provide more clamping force too.

Plus more bling bling for me.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:02 PM   #16
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
cant got wrong with Carbotech...
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:23 PM   #17
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
second.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:09 AM   #18
AlainMikli

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
second.
Sure you are the 1st one