Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #19
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberSilver View Post
I use a 500 gb HD full of WAV files, but it does have Ipod control built in.
are you THAT anal about the quality to not use flac/aac?
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #20
UberSilver

Drives: 08Yaris2D, 88LandCruiser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005vitzRS View Post
Is there a noticeable difference between playing wav files and mp3's (All my mp3's are encoded at 320kbps)
320 Mp3's are fine for a loud thin car. I use WAV. because the HU in my Land cruiser was over a grand, and the rig is sound insulated.

Cant remember the color on the power ant lead, I think it is black.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #21
UberSilver

Drives: 08Yaris2D, 88LandCruiser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enviri View Post
are you THAT anal about the quality to not use flac/aac?
256k AAC would work, but the low end Pioneer HU don't do AAC.

I converted to the Mac platform in 91, so all of my music is in AAC or AIFF. When I bought the low end HU, I made copies of the AIFF file to WAV.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #22
2005vitzRS

Drives: 2005 Vitz RS, NCP91, Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
The Vitz has an amplified antenna, as the Yaris does. The amplifier is part of the base of the antenna. The black wire on the blue connector outputs 12V to the amplifier. On aftermarket radios you can use the power antenna output to feed it.
Cheers for that.

I just pulled out the radio, checked for power on that black lead and it all looks good.

It looks like the harness has taken care of everything. Antenna amplifier is getting power. My FM reception problems seem to be limited to a particular station, in one or two areas. I may just install a new mask just to see if that helps. So all good, thanks for the help guys.
2005vitzRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:05 AM   #23
2005vitzRS

OK here some photos of the install.

1) The new Toyota to ISO to Pioneer wiring harness I used. Connector on the top right is for the rear speakers, currently unused.

2) The new Pioneer MVH-355BT plugged into the new wiring harness with antenna and microphone plugged in.

3) New microphone. It stayed stuck for only one day with the supplied 2 way tape. It came loose while driving. I ended up buying some automotive double sided tape and it has not come loose since. Cross fingers!

4) All done. Its a pitty I can't change the colour on this headunit.

Installation was really simple and should be pretty similar for Yaris/echo. Mine is a Vitz RS and for some strange reason it does not have rear speakers. It does not even have the rear speaker plugs in the dash so I will have to wire some new wires through into the back.

The RS does not come with a rear luggage tray either so not really sure yet what to do. I will probably end up just putting the 6x9's into some portable boxes in the boot.

Last edited by 2005vitzRS; 07-29-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:38 PM   #24
japle

Drives: Vitz S 2007 LB
Now this thread is mentioned, where can i get the cover for the radio? Imean i have the oem radio that sits flush with the air vents and such, but i want to upgrade my player, but the whole thing is a single unit, is there a replacement cover for aftermarkets like the picture above?
japle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:01 AM   #25
2005vitzRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by japle View Post
Now this thread is mentioned, where can i get the cover for the radio? Imean i have the oem radio that sits flush with the air vents and such, but i want to upgrade my player, but the whole thing is a single unit, is there a replacement cover for aftermarkets like the picture above?
Take a picture of your radio so we can see exactly what you need.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #26
japle

Drives: Vitz S 2007 LB
Scott, can you help me out here? I sent you an email about my interior. Can you help me post it up here? Thanks
japle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #27
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
He has one of the integrated radios. I am shipping him the US radio trim piece and the US vertical trim pieces (that don't have the holes for the knobs).

japle dash.jpg