Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-11-2007, 07:58 PM   #19
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
45 here, Wife and Rugrats too...........house, bills, bullshit at work, problems, etc. Trucks pretty much all my life. Traded my lAST truck in for the YARIS after I saw my buddy (50) who came over to show his off saying it's his commute vehicle. Well, I said to myself, the gas ($$$$$$) is killing me. I might as well do it now! I bought it and I now spend less $ for fuel which gives me still a little $ extra to pay............BILLS! Yeh, I got crap from work and friends when they saw it, BUT they are still paying more at the pump. As far as mods and tires and all the "goodies", my days are done with that. As you get OLDER you have to save your coins. I did all that stuff if my earlier years. You'll see!
guess you didn't bother reading the post above you
Old 06-11-2007, 08:00 PM   #20
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
Quote:
Originally Posted by BailOut View Post
I think you should change the membership requirement to 30+, as that's about the age you get over things like modding, boom boom, bling bling, rice, etc.
Hate to say it, but some of us don't get boring with age! And we don't care what others think. (keep up the milage Bailout..your doing good, but I don't have time for all the recycling....got too many things scheduled for the next 50!)
Old 06-11-2007, 08:06 PM   #21
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
shouldn't bailout be camped out in front of some grocery store handing out pamphlets on green energy or polishing his solar panels with an organic carrot hanging out of his mouth right about now?
Old 06-11-2007, 10:30 PM   #22
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
I'm 47 and I'm having plenty of fun performing mods on my Yaris that I could only dream of doing to my '65 Bug.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:21 PM   #23
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
wow u peeps are old......lol
Old 06-12-2007, 12:19 AM   #24
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
This is really a testament to the Yaris' versatility and universal appeal... From the young "go faster!" crowd to the more practical-minded (or even younger-minded ) middle agers, to these old geezers

We've got performance hunters, autocross crushers, customization maniacs, pimp stylists, fuel economists, long-range commuters, grocery getters...

I don't think there are many other cars who can attract such a wide range of owners!

Oh and back on topic, my old school teacher, British guy at least 60, also has a red Yaris

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:41 AM   #25
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
.... to these old geezers ...
Ya must be talkin about me?!?!

I'm assumin yours hasn't fallen off yet????
Old 06-12-2007, 01:31 AM   #26
adamschneider

Drives: Bayou Blue 2dr, AT
Age 34 here. My Yaris is off the boat and might be at the dealer on Thursday.

And no, I will not be "modding" it, other than putting in a cheap stereo.
adamschneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:46 AM   #27
Typer73
Tired of the Stars!

Drives: '07 Meteorite LB
I'm not old, I'm experienced!

Yep, I belong in this thread, but Petesimac--if I hear one more thing about old women in Yarii, I'm coming up to Pittsburgh & hunting you down for a good old fashioned ass-whuppin'!

I fell in love with the looks of the Yaris LB, and I haven't had as much fun since my 1973 VW beetle. I've had faster cars, bigger cars, suvs... but I haven't loved any cars except that original VW & my Yaris. I'm not into the performance mods, but I'll take any cosmetic mod I can afford.

(PS--20 somethings don't deserve orgasms, they've got everything else!)
Typer73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:55 AM   #28
blacksan

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Liftback
Well, a little more then 6 years before I can retire from my gubermint job and start a new career. I guess that makes me old enough to comment here. I was drawn to the Yaris for the economical side of owning it, but still love to do some mods as it is in my blood. Just in case she breaks down I keep this in the boot.
Attached Images

blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:37 AM   #29
sambo42xa

Drives: 07 YARIS Automatic/LiftBac/Red
...con't........
I think the car is great and I love driving it. I like it when people look at what you're driving. Either they are saying, "look at that car, I wonder what it is", or "look at that old guy in the car"....or BOTH! With ALL the OTHER toys I have I have no time and not much $ to put towards any mod's. Did all that in the earlier years.

4 Harley Davidson's
42 Bicycles
80% All vintage Schwinn's
1968 Gibson Les Paul / Amps
did I mention Four Wheeler?
Plow Truck
Am I going off topic here ???? Shit, I'm just goofing I guess. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I did all of that already and now I'm just a 45 year old guy trying to be practical.
Know what, Screw it............................!!!!!!!! !
Old 06-12-2007, 10:11 AM   #30
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Wow us old people ROCK!!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 10:32 AM   #31
petesimac

Drives: Yaris LB
Typer73, , are you sure you shouldn't be driving a PT Cruiser or something. I do agree with you on one thing, the similarities to the classic Beetle. I had a 66 and miss it terribly. After my kids have grown and gone, I plan on finding an old Beetle and reliving my youth, such as it was. Until then, I have a really cool car to tool around in.
petesimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:08 AM   #32
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksan View Post
Just in case she breaks down I keep this in the boot.
Now THAT is an old skool plank! Can you still bust a trick on it?
Old 06-12-2007, 12:32 PM   #33
blacksan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurokoma-kun View Post
Now THAT is an old skool plank! Can you still bust a trick on it?
Ha, I can still embarrass myself! The board pictured is actually a "Long Board" set up for concrete surfing more so then tricks. The guy that built it for me is bro, Chris yandall. He was the 1975 World Slalom Champion and can still skate like most kids only dream about. My first board had steel wheels.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:41 PM   #34
grampi

Drives: Corolla
I just turned 49 and I'm interested in going with some aftermarket tires and wheels just for the looks. The only performance mods I would consider would be those that improve fuel economy. I'm not the least bit interested in creating some racer boy toy like those hidious Hondas with the loud fart mufflers. Those thing are ridiculous! I don't think anyone of any age looks any more out of place driving a Yaris than they would driving a Mini Cooper or a Miata. I want one because they look like a niche car, they get excellent mileage, and because they come with that wonderful Toyota swiss watch-like build quality.
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:31 PM   #35
seriousfun

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post

Am I in the wrong demographic for this car?

Id love to hear from some older people here than myself on this. I still believe this car is going to be really popular with the over 50/60+ crowd just for grocery runs and around town cruising.
Nah, you define the demographic! It's not just age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
1968 Gibson Les Paul / Amps
'65 Fender Strat, '61 Gibson Melody Maker, '69 Gibson ES-345, '65 Vox UK Berkeley Tube amp...I have better guitars than you!

---

And I'm 50, with two sons getting ready to graduate High School (one this month, the other next year, a year early). I was sick of my family vehicle ('97 Dodge Grand Caravan) and missed my previous car ('86 Celica) and have a stupid commute (21 mi. each way on the L. A. freeways. I laugh at everyone else at the gas pump.

I definitely have gotten more looks while driving this car than I ever did in the invisibility-cloaked white Caravan, but it's not expensive enough to make those looks stick. My girlfriend thinks it's cute!

I've added window deflectors, a nice chrome tailpipe tip, new speakers (planning on a DVD player with surround sound soon). I plan to get new alloy wheels and tires when these tires wear out, if not sooner. No intake or any other performance mods. It's a fun car, and this is fun stuff.
seriousfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:40 PM   #36
blacksan

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousfun View Post
My girlfriend thinks it's cute!
I am not trying to get in your business, but HTM Yaris brought up something that kind of hit home. How old is the GF? For sum reason the yougin's are knocking at the cabin door these days and I just don't get it? It's not like I am complaining, but the formula is rather strange.