Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-17-2006, 03:16 PM   #1
Fraz

Drives: Toyota Vitz '04
toyota vitz 2004

Hey guys, i just bought a secondhand reconditioned vitz 2004, run about 20,000 km, i have a couple of tiny albeit strange problems.

a)i imported it from japan, but they didnt give me a instruction manual. is there somewhere i can download one for the 2004 vitz in pdf format?

b)it has a built in tv-navi in-dash screen, with a compact disc slot, press a button and the screen slides out, but everything is in japanese... i have no idea how to run it, i keep inserting dvds and cd's but it keeps giving me a message in japanese, i have no idea what its tryin to say.

c) okay this is embarrassing, but where is the lever for the bonnet? all i can find is the one for the gas tank. but i cant find the one for the bonnet!

sigh, i could really use that 2004 instruction manual right now... in english!! hehe.

thnaks for helping me out.
Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:29 PM   #2
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
Hey guys, i just bought a secondhand reconditioned vitz 2004, run about 20,000 km, i have a couple of tiny albeit strange problems.

a)i imported it from japan, but they didnt give me a instruction manual. is there somewhere i can download one for the 2004 vitz in pdf format?

b)it has a built in tv-navi in-dash screen, with a compact disc slot, press a button and the screen slides out, but everything is in japanese... i have no idea how to run it, i keep inserting dvds and cd's but it keeps giving me a message in japanese, i have no idea what its tryin to say.

c) okay this is embarrassing, but where is the lever for the bonnet? all i can find is the one for the gas tank. but i cant find the one for the bonnet!

sigh, i could really use that 2004 instruction manual right now... in english!! hehe.

thnaks for helping me out.
also try searching echo for the manual, and the hood release is near your knees on the dash, or on the floor next to the gas release, and I have no idea what to tell you on the jap navagation unit, whats the make/brand etc??
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:16 AM   #3
Fraz

Drives: Toyota Vitz '04
thanks, i found the lever... its really odd that it isnt marked. anyways.

the tv-navi system doest say any brand, it just says tv-navi and something in japanese, and then voice navigation underneath. anyways, its not that big a deal, i guess i'll just take a picture and post it on a japanese site for someone to recognize, hehe.

Thanks a lot!
Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 02:31 AM   #4
paultyler_82

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic Yaris LB
It's probably the Toyota TV-NAVI/NaviDrive system, unusable outside of Japan.
paultyler_82 is offline   Reply With Quote