Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-27-2006, 07:11 PM   #1
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
stock system

Anyone know who makes the stock systems for Toyota? Asking cause I wonder if replacing stock speakers is worth it if the head unit is just poor to begin with?

any feedback appreciated!!

UY
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:21 PM   #2
eflb55
its EF LB 55

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007 Sedan (US)
i wanted to change my stock speakers recently but i decided to just to get a new head unit because having to use a line out converter for the stock to connect to the speakers takes alot of quality out of the music. just having presets and an equalizer in an aftermarket stereo can make alot of difference.
eflb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:37 PM   #3
tiksman

Drives: 07 Red Hatch
I replaced the fronts with some infinity 3 ways still have the original headunit. Sounds much better. I was suprised to see the stock speakers are made from plastic
tiksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:55 PM   #4
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
the OEM unit is made by FUJITSUTEN and is stable at 2ohm. a rarity really...
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:31 AM   #5
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
A new head unit will make a big difference, but the stocker isn't all bad.

New speaks are a worthy upgrade, though.
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:33 AM   #6
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
wow, fujitsu ten makes some pretty good head units (Eclipses). i thought the yaris head unit would have been made by pioneer, since the stock JBL 6-disc head unit from my '06 sienna is made by pioneer (even has a "DEH" designation on the backside), and the head unit looks almost identical to every other head unit in toyota vehicles, even down to the button placements and illumination. i switched the pioneer out with a toyota factory fujitsu ten navigation system from a 2007 solara, and the sound got even better (pretty good to begin with, for a factory system inside of a van). knowing that it's a fujitsu ten head unit, i think doing a speaker swap with the factory head unit will yield better results than doing a head unit swap with the factory speakers.

--B
Old 11-28-2006, 03:39 AM   #7
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
well, I head unit swap with the factory speaks yeilded much better results for me :).

I also added a set of tweeters up front, which made a drastic difference.
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:14 PM   #8
atebit

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan
I recently replaced the HU & both my front & rear speakers on my 07 sedan with some low-mid level JBLs. I think it was worth it. First of all the factory speakers are made of plastic and cardboard...no metal at all, except maybe the magnet. The maget is a joke as well...it's about the size of a dime.

While I am by no means looking for audiophile sound in the Yaris, I think the speakers make a big difference.
atebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:17 AM   #9
IllusionX

the OEM HU is really good, except it's not very powerful.

toyota use pioneer in every other cars that isn't powered by futjisu ten. ie, scion and are a tad more powerful.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:38 AM   #10
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
Definitely change the speakers first. They are made with paper based cones, and they are pathetic to say the least.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:54 AM   #11
IllusionX

but, the BOSE system in my dad's maxima is also made of paper cone??!
Old 11-30-2006, 11:36 AM   #12
boris13

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback, 5-speed
I have seen references in this section about the ability to use 6.5" speakers in the rear of the liftback as well as in the front. A reference was made to using SAT6 bracket adapters, which I believe are made by Scosche. There was something said about new holes needing to be drilled to make it work... would that mean drilling new holes in the bracket or in the car itself?

I want to use Alpine Type-R SPR-17LP (Type R) speakers in the front and Alpine SPS-17C2 (Type S) speakers in the rear. I may add a small amp like the Alpine MRP-F250 (40 watts RMS X 4 at 4 ohms) for a modest upgrade.

I'd like the opinions of the audiophiles here on this. Remember, I'm not looking for a killer, loud system; just a nice, good-sounding upgrade with a little more power.
boris13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:03 PM   #13
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by boris13
I have seen references in this section about the ability to use 6.5" speakers in the rear of the liftback as well as in the front. A reference was made to using SAT6 bracket adapters, which I believe are made by Scosche. There was something said about new holes needing to be drilled to make it work... would that mean drilling new holes in the bracket or in the car itself?

I want to use Alpine Type-R SPR-17LP (Type R) speakers in the front and Alpine SPS-17C2 (Type S) speakers in the rear. I may add a small amp like the Alpine MRP-F250 (40 watts RMS X 4 at 4 ohms) for a modest upgrade.

I'd like the opinions of the audiophiles here on this. Remember, I'm not looking for a killer, loud system; just a nice, good-sounding upgrade with a little more power.
Sounds like a super solid system on a budget. Should sound 1084762995 times better than stock.

And way to choose Alpine.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:46 PM   #14
Yaris-TJ

Drives: Yaris Sedan ST Barcelona Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiksman
I replaced the fronts with some infinity 3 ways still have the original headunit. Sounds much better. I was suprised to see the stock speakers are made from plastic
I'm having a f*^ing hard time to fit some infinity's 6.5.
The tweeters don't fit, and the door cover hits the tweeter..I torn aparte the crappy stock speaker, and used it as spacer...but it's too thick..

i'm trying to have some fabricated in order to fit the speaker, without forcing the tweeter against the door cover..
Yaris-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:13 PM   #15
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
Spacers man, spacers.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ghlight=Spacer
Old 11-30-2006, 08:44 PM   #16
Yaris-TJ

Drives: Yaris Sedan ST Barcelona Red
Imagen(9).jpg

what I think I can do, is dremel off, the extra thickness...

Dremel man ! Dremel man!

BTW, in order to get metal spacers for the back 6x9 on the sedan..you can also Dremel...Dremel!
Yaris-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:15 AM   #17
johnnyfive

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
well, what i did was just zip-tied some 6.5's i had laying around into the stock brackets, and zip tied the backets to the doors...

zip ties man, zip ties :)

i know, i know, only till i get cash to get something to make me happy, and i didnt feal like doing it right, but i must say that it really did turn out well, and sounds way better than stock.
johnnyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:23 AM   #18
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
dremel, swiss army knife, zip ties, duct tape and WD-40

with just those things in your tool bag you can fix/modify/create just about anything

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote