Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-25-2020, 04:43 PM   #91
Leegamer

Drives: No longer own a yaris :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Aside from that, manuals are going away, so if these types of helpy helperton features bring a few people back, I'm not going to complain about it
That's a good point! As long as you can turn it off.
Old 03-07-2022, 12:09 PM   #92
KALISPEL II

Drives: '22 Mazda CX-30 CE AWD 6-AT
A new update for this old thread.

I recently traded in my (Japan-built) 2020 TNGA Corolla SE Sedan 6-MT because I wasn't happy with some things (both personal preference issues & vehicle related issues), & Toyota dragging their feet addressing the issues that related to warranty and/or saying certain issues were "normal" (like 3 new batteries replaced under warranty in first 2 years - WTH). I feel that modern-day Toyota, like Honda, is now coasting on a reputation that has become outdated. So, without a TNGA Yaris hatch in the U.S. market to entice me, I'm not interested in owning a Toyota or dealing with Toyota any longer.

So, I purchased a 2022 Mazda CX-30 Carbon Edition about a month ago at MSRP (yay, no crazy dealership market markups) & finally joined the dreaded SUV/Crossover legions here in the USA. Luckily I was able to get a trade value equal to what the Corolla was priced at brand new in late 2019 - talk about a crazy, upside down used car market! I have to say that I'm impressed by my new Mazda CX-30 AWD Carbon thus far. Not a single defect or issue to be found & it is more comfortable/premium than my Corolla SE Sedan was in pretty much every respect. The only drawback is that I'm now driving a 6-AT instead of a manual for the first time in my life (which might not be a bad thing really these days). Manuals are definitely more FUN & engaging, though an automatic is very convenient in heavy, stop & go traffic. Also, still not a fan of the thickly-uniform black cladding on the CX-30, but the black wheels & blacked out chrome trim (& added matte black lower hatch accent) pull it all together better IMO. I was originally shopping for a CX-5 Carbon Edition or Premium trim, but the smaller/compact CX-30 was more my size preference & does look a lot better up-close & in-person than in pics/videos. Most cars/vehicles seem to be like that I have found.

Great to have a hatchback again! So, until a TNGA Yaris hatch in a premium trim level hits this market, I'm good.

Last edited by KALISPEL II; 06-17-2022 at 04:58 PM.
KALISPEL II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 09:54 PM   #93
justanotherdrunk

Drives: 2016 SE
The front end has kind of a Sinister Rattlesnake appearance and I like the chrome exhaust tips and black wheels against the Carbon color!

... and very nice looking home!
justanotherdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 12:25 PM   #94
KALISPEL II

Drives: '22 Mazda CX-30 CE AWD 6-AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherdrunk View Post
The front end has kind of a Sinister Rattlesnake appearance and I like the chrome exhaust tips and black wheels against the Carbon color!

... and very nice looking home!
Thanks. Yeah, I like how well Mazda designs & integrates their exhaust system into their vehicles, & how they use the classic right/left side dual exhaust setup with the nice, simple & sexy circular stainless-steel tips. No stupid, tacky, oversized, weird-shaped pseudo-premium exhaust housings like a lot of vehicles try to use these days, or fake outlets. Toyota vehicle exhaust systems always seem to look like a budget afterthought bolt-on, with an ugly, discolored muffler/pipes, etc. sticking out for all the world to see.

Last edited by KALISPEL II; 03-28-2022 at 12:03 PM.
KALISPEL II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 07:17 PM   #95
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Congratulations!

While shopping for a new car, I test drove the CX-30 and the CX-5 recently. I was very impressed with both vehicles... which actually seemed upscale compared to Toyota, especially the richly appointed interiors.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote