Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-23-2006, 12:57 AM   #1
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
Auto LB w/ Alloy Power Package??

greetings everyone. i was just wondering if there is anyone here that owns/has seen an automatic liftback with the alloy wheels power package?? this car doesnt seem to exist, at least not in my area (So Cal). i was just curious to see whether anyone in this nation had this specific combination (would also love to have side airbags, but beggars cannot be choosers). would i have to resort to going to the local dealership and asking them to order one for me? thanks in advance for any help you guys (and gals) can offer!

--B
static808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 02:00 AM   #2
johnnyfive

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
if you want anything specific, you may be better off going to the dealer and ordering, and maybe they will even tell you that you still cant have it :)
johnnyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 05:49 AM   #3
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Not anywhere around here.

I ended up getting the power package with 15" steel wheels and getting my own alloys aftermarket. Total cost was about $100 more but I'm happier with what I got. The factory alloys aren't the greatest look anyway.

Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:47 AM   #4
Pompeii66

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan
The factory alloys look just fine.
Better than the wheel covers. . . . .
They did not come with the car, the dealer pre-ordered them and put them on when my LB arrived.
Attached Images

Pompeii66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 11:15 AM   #5
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
These are the factory wheels:

You have the accessory wheels: http://www.toyota.com/yaris/accessor...?=15alloywheel
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:17 PM   #6
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
i believe pompeii's wheels are dealer installed optional wheels, not the 15 inch alloys offered with the power package. those optional wheels are listed in the brochure. i want to thank everyone who responded. i think i may have found a winner: gettin the steel wheels and replacing them with 15 inch konig heliums (keepin the factory tires, since this IS an economy car and i we're strapped for cash). the steel wheels just look hideous IMHO, and even though my wife will be the one driving this commuter car, i do have to LOOK at it everyday! maybe when the warranty's up or when the factory suspension/tires need replacing, then we'll spend some cash on suspension and 17's, but until then this will have to do. THANK YOU violin for the inspiration...looks like your car will have a mirror image here on the west coast!!

--B
static808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:01 AM   #7
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
We were at dealer today getting oil change & tire rotation (put in Mobil 1 at 6,000 mile mark - 2nd oil change) - and ran into our salesman. He said that out loaded LB (everything except Alloys) was the only one they have ever had delivered. He has requested preferences for two more, but they have never been received.

He said they cannot actually order a specific set-up - they can only request preference for certain cars being shipped from the factory.

Saw a RED LB w/o Power option being readied for delivery and one silver sedan (also w/o power pkg) on the back lot. An S Sedan on the lot was marked as "in the Rental Fleet".

On our trip to SoCA last week we saw only three LB's and one sedan. One of the LB's was in a parking lot - it also did NOT have the power pkg.

I like your aftermarket Toyota wheels!!!
60 Somethings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:21 AM   #8
Mario

Drives: Yaris LB Coming soon!
I ordered a blazing blue LB with the power package and alloys... -crossing fingers-
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote