Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
evastears

Drives: Yaris Verso
#winter #cold #heating #questions :)

Hi,

Soo the winter is finally here, this week it was down to -14 degrees and i have some questions about heating.

In my yaris verso 1.4 d4d 2004 there is cable heating system and webasto heating. So before running the car everymorning i heat the car 2 hours, and i can really feel the difference. Actually after the heating up when i touch the motor it is all the way warm actually, it heats up quite well, it was not like that in my previous mercedes car. This heats up the cooler liquid. Is it true ?

Anyways, my real question is the hot air comes to cabin very late. After driving some 15 to 20 minutes, than it starts to blow warm air inside the cabin. But however, there is one button (heating button) right side, under the hand break, when i press that the warm air comes after some 4-5 minute. What is that ? How does it work ? And does it consume extra diesel ?

I am a newbie, so not so much info. Indeed thank you guys a lot ! Have learnt alot from here.

evastears is offline   Reply With Quote