Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-14-2016, 10:48 AM   #1
Captain Yaris

Drives: 2016 Yaris 3 Dr Super White
Tire Rack/Third Gen/Offset

Hey all, I am interested in a set of wheels from the TireRack. I am looking at a 16x7 with a 30mm offset. I put in my make, model, and year and it offers it as a choice. I'm concerned however because after reading the sticky thread on fitment, 30mm might rub. My first question is, is TireRack pretty accurate with fitment? Second, is there a difference in fitment between Gen 1, Gen2, and Gen3? I'm not sure if the fender arches or wheel well clearance is the same with all three or what. There is not a lot of info on Gen 3 Yaris and I wasn't sure what folder to post this in but I appreciate the insight. Also, I plan on not lowering or at the most a 1" drop. Thank you.

Captain Yaris
Captain Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:51 PM   #2
3cyltrbo

Drives: MR2 Spyd/Type R/Yaris/Civic Si
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yaris View Post
Hey all, I am interested in a set of wheels from the TireRack. I am looking at a 16x7 with a 30mm offset. I put in my make, model, and year and it offers it as a choice. I'm concerned however because after reading the sticky thread on fitment, 30mm might rub. My first question is, is TireRack pretty accurate with fitment? Second, is there a difference in fitment between Gen 1, Gen2, and Gen3? I'm not sure if the fender arches or wheel well clearance is the same with all three or what. There is not a lot of info on Gen 3 Yaris and I wasn't sure what folder to post this in but I appreciate the insight. Also, I plan on not lowering or at the most a 1" drop. Thank you.

Captain Yaris
Others (the HellaFlush / Chop your fenders into pieces / Form over function / wreck your car just so it looks cool......crowd) might say that 16x7 +30mm would fit,....................but I for one will tell you that with any amount of drop at all (and potentially even stock) you'll likely have some rub.

For the record, I even still rub sometimes with my 16x6.5 +40mm and 195/40/16 tires

Will
3cyltrbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:56 PM   #3
Captain Yaris

Drives: 2016 Yaris 3 Dr Super White
Thanks for the input! You've convinced me to discard my original choice. I have decided to go with another set of wheels that has an offset of 42mm. In another life I had a Focus with 16 inch wheels and an Eibach Pro Kit. I loaded my car with some books and headed down the road. I didn't make it far before I was scraping the he!! out of my car. Obviously, I'm a little paranoid. Thanks again!

Captain Yaris
Captain Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote