Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-18-2007, 11:12 AM   #1
jlift

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatch
Need to know answer by today...

I put new rims on my 07 Yaris LB and am going into the dealer tomorrow for a cat. converter swap (sulfur smell). I wonder if the are obligated to do a wheel alignment if I ask them to after I put the new wheels on. The wheels were done about one month after I bought the car. They are DiscountTire wheels. If I tell them "It's steering kind of weird" should they do the alignment under warranty? Thanks..

p.s. I thought somewhere that you get one free alignment during the first 12,000 miles??
jlift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:20 AM   #2
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
I've personally never heard of that, but I suppose it's worth a shot... My Yaris didn't need an alignment after I put new wheels and tires on. I don't think they are going to go for it though.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:27 AM   #3
nqd

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Absolute RED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
My Yaris didn't need an alignment after I put new wheels and tires on.
Same here....i put my new wheels on 30 min after i went off the lot.... and came back to the dealership for an inspection sticker....
nqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:35 AM   #4
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
Tires and wheels should not effect alignment as long as the suspension was not altered. If you didn't do springs or struts and the alignment is off, it was off before the new wheels were installed.
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:17 PM   #5
rage2

Drives: 07 Black Yaris 5D
If you went with wider tires, the car will follow pits in the road a lot more, and the car will feel all over the place. Is that what you're experiencing?

Wheels and tires, regardless of size, does not change alignment at all, so that shouldn't be the case.
My Site - Beyond Car Forums
rage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:24 PM   #6
jlift

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
If you went with wider tires, the car will follow pits in the road a lot more, and the car will feel all over the place. Is that what you're experiencing?

Wheels and tires, regardless of size, does not change alignment at all, so that shouldn't be the case.
Nope. Using stock tires on a 15 x 6.5 wheel. (DiscountTire "Rage") Link: http://tinyurl.com/yrrn95

Just thought I might need an alignment and was trying to get the dealer to do it. But, I have been educated on this now that I really don't need one. I'm learning!!!
jlift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:42 PM   #7
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
You should be fine. But if it feels like your trying to drive a slinky, then you need the alignment.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote