Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-01-2006, 04:06 PM   #1
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
Part I: Top 5 Sedans? 10-20k

Pick which and say hi.

It will help me a lot if you explain why you picked that car.
Thx

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 04:34 PM   #2
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
In no particular order...

Honda Civic - The Civic is always an outstanding car for a daily commuter. Honda makes a quality product that will last forever. While the EX, DX, and LX models are decent in their own right, I would keep my eye out for the Si Sedan that just came out.

Chevy Cobalt - An upgraded Cavalier? Far from it. The Cobalt with it's new Ecotec powerplant and refined interior is no slouch in the 4-door commuter market. GM doesn't make many good vehicles anymore, but the new Cobalt seems to be an exception. The car responds well and handles well when compared to others in it's market.

Toyota Corolla S - Reliable, refined, and appealing to the eye, the Toyota Corolla is always a good choice. Toyota has always had a knock for providing quality economy vehicles and the Corolla continues that legacy. A Corolla with all the bells and whistles can be had for well under $20K.

Nissan Sentra SE-R - While the 1.8S model isn't exactly something to brag about, the Sentra SE-R and SE-R Spec V can both be had for around $17K. With 175HP and 185TQ couple to a 6-Speed tranny with LSD, the car is a monster for the price. Sport Suspension and a huge aftermarket following also make it a key car in the eyes of a potential tuner. The exterior styling however does leave a little to be desired.

Eh, I don't Sedans very much, so I can only come up with 4. Hope I was helpful in my opinion.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:55 PM   #3
Blenjar

What do you think of a Mazda3 iTouring...around that price range...

17k..

-- Blen
Old 12-01-2006, 11:15 PM   #4
johnnyfive

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
1) Yaris (because i have to say that)
2) Mazda 3 (because i think they look sexy)

would say chevy cobolt, but its still a chevy...
johnnyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:06 PM   #5
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Hmm... in no particular order...

[1] Hyundai Elantra (Limited)
http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/el...m/limited.aspx
Heated seats, leather interior, premium sound... a $17k four-door with a lot of goodies, and keep in mind Hyundai is probably the highest-riding car manufacturer in the world right now. Their latest offerings are getting amazing reviews. If its too small, a mid-range Sonata would be comparably priced.

[2] Mazda 3
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/disp...ehicleCode=M3S
In the top 5 as far as wonderfully styled cars under 20k (I'd say the Yaris is in there, too!) and pretty damn peppy as well. Lots of add-ons available.

[3] Honda Civic
http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...me=Civic+Sedan
I won't say anything more. This car speaks for itself.

[4] Chevy Cobalt
http://www.chevrolet.com/cobalt/
I have had the pleasure of driving a manual Cobalt, and let me begin by saying the 2.2L ecotec models haul some serious ass. Besides that, the interior was relatively comfortable and well amended. Rear leg room is a bit of an issue, however.

[5] Scion tC
http://www.scion.com/showroom/tc/features/index.html
Yeah, gas mileage isn't great, but it comes with more goodies for the price than any other car you'll find and the sucker is spry. 160 HP. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if I was a little further along and money was less of an issue I'd be driving one right now.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:45 PM   #6
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
[1] Hyundai Elantra (Limited)
Hyundai has definitely come a long way. Their new line is comparable to that of Honda or Nissan and their new lines having been getting nothing but praise from what I gather. It's kind of hard to look at a newer and Hyundai and laugh, unlike back in the 90's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
[5] Scion tC
Not really a sedan, and when driving one, I found myself growing tired of it really quickly. Even most of the tC owners confess that the car does lose it's fun factor in merely a few days or so. A shame since I do like the way they're styled. I think the double sunroof is retarded tho.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:42 AM   #7
Blenjar

Best car to get under 15k..
A car that's not only for college but several years after college too...which should I insist at getting?

i was sumthing that looks good..n great on gas. (eg. mazda3 i series)
Tho the isport is pretty empty but yea wat do u think?

-- Blen

ps. thx a lot for helping me making my decision.