Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-08-2009, 08:57 AM   #1
scape

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
nf210's better for stock shocks?

I'm looking for a mild drop and don't have money to replace the shocks for quite some time, maybe the life of my ownership...so my question is if nf's are mild enough to ride on stock shocks for a few years and not need replacement down the road, as it were. i'm also wondering why they drop the back lower, I like the high stance in the back! oh well ;D
scape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:46 AM   #2
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
i used DF210's on stock shocks for awhile. The car actually needs better shocks right out of the box in my personal opinion, but i digress. I think the NF210's will do you just fine with stock shocks. If you want to make it at least semi sporty, get a rear sway bar as well.
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:52 AM   #3
scape

my plan is for 195/55/15 tires, possibly with spacers, and new springs.. i figure that will do considerably against stock setup
Old 06-08-2009, 09:52 AM   #4
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Scape, just FYI i'll install the NF's at my shop for you :) PM for pricing
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #5
scape

right on
my friend owns coast to coast in fort lauderdale, so I was going to setup something with him for tires and springs, but if he's too backed up that might be a good alternative-- thanks!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:57 AM   #6
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by scape View Post
right on
my friend owns coast to coast in fort lauderdale, so I was going to setup something with him for tires and springs, but if he's too backed up that might be a good alternative-- thanks!
i do all coast-to-coast's driveshaft work. and i'd NEVER let their guys work on my car lol.. no offense of course, but i've had them bring me stuff to fix that their mechanics have messed up (wheel bearings destroyed on Mercedes, BMW, chrysler, etc etc, list goes on and on). i'll let them stick to doing what they do best, putting disgustingly huge wheels on chevy/ford shitboxes
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #7
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
Quote:
my plan is for 195/55/15 tires, possibly with spacers, and new springs.. i figure that will do considerably against stock setup
that is a start, but dampers will go a long way. I think you can get a set of tokico blues for under $300. for a starting set up, springs (any kind pretty much), blues, and a trd rear bar will go a LONG way for this car. Really, it should come with that set up stock as a sport kit... Then people may take the car seriously.
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:02 AM   #8
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngrsll View Post
that is a start, but dampers will go a long way. I think you can get a set of tokico blues for under $300. for a starting set up, springs (any kind pretty much), blues, and a trd rear bar will go a LONG way for this car. Really, it should come with that set up stock as a sport kit... Then people may take the car seriously.
+ a nice aggressive alignment :D (which i can do as well hehehehe)
you nailed it sir.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #9
scape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
i do all coast-to-coast's driveshaft work. and i'd NEVER let their guys work on my car lol.. no offense of course, but i've had them bring me stuff to fix that their mechanics have messed up (wheel bearings destroyed on Mercedes, BMW, chrysler, etc etc, list goes on and on). i'll let them stick to doing what they do best, putting disgustingly huge wheels on chevy/ford shitboxes
haha, i know they are crazy-- but those owners ask for it with those wheels...
i wish i knew you did driveshafts, my bronco would still be around i bet, I had replaced the shaft myself and a year later it popped and spun freely, that thing was a disaster of a suv anyway, haha.

let me pm you
Old 06-08-2009, 06:44 PM   #10
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Be sure to add a rear anti-sway bar while you're under there.
It's a fantastic and inexpensive handling upgrade.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:49 PM   #11
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
^ I'm with him.

The rear bar is relatively cheap and the type of difference it makes is more than worth the price that one costs.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:50 AM   #12
scape

would you pit that over springs?
Old 06-09-2009, 08:51 AM   #13
Tamago

Quote:
would you pit that over springs?
swaybars are band-aids for too-soft springs. so on a street driven car they kind of need to work together to get you the ride desired.
you nailed it sir.