Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-18-2019, 07:49 PM   #1
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
no HVAC lights, no headlight buzzer

hello. so i removed my aftermarket tachometer, and am getting ready to install my new tachometer. i had the illumination light wired directly into the lower fuse box on old tach. when i was running wires for new illumination, i found a wire tap installed on dimmer adjustment rheostat. i though it might be nice to dim the new tach, so i connected wiring to tap in. the other side was not connected yet, i was just running wiring. after that, i lost HVAC lighting, and speedometer does not dim when turning on headlights. buzzer is not functioning for "lights on warning." i disconnected the installed dimmer switch wire. i have checked all under dash fuses and under hood fuses. i can not seem to find where the issue is. headlights, parking lights, DRL's, tail lights all function normal. i've done a search for this issue, but there is not a clear answer on any posts. i've seen mention of the dimmer switch, and panel 1 and panel 2 fuses, but i can not seem to locate these fuses.
do you have a solution for me?
thanks!
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 08:48 PM   #2
SirDigby

i could figure it out, but i can't seem to find a wiring diagram for interior lighting.
is there one on this site somewhere?
Old 07-18-2019, 10:50 PM   #3
SirDigby

i found it! panel 1 fuse was the issue. fuse was fine, but installed in the wrong fuse row! the panel 1 slot was empty. i must have pulled it and installed it into an unused slot by mistake! what an idiot!
if you are looking for a pretty good wiring diagram that you don't have to sign up for or purchase:
https://sakhsondotcom.files.wordpres...ng-diagram.pdf
Old 02-21-2021, 09:14 AM   #4
PetersCarol

Drives: BMV X5
It was a great decision! Thank you for sharing this with me this, I was just looking for a solution to a similar problem! Of course, it was stupid of me to look for this for so long, because your post came across me several times in the suggested ones on this forum, but for some reason I constantly missed it. If I had known that there was a solution here, I would have been able to sort out my difficulties much faster. I think it would be a good idea to start training and become a real professional in repair. What do you think about it?

Last edited by PetersCarol; 02-22-2021 at 11:34 AM.
PetersCarol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash lights, hvac lights, no buzzer, no lights