Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-25-2022, 01:47 AM   #1
orty

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Factory Radio Brackets

Recently acquired a 2007 Yaris Manual Sedan for myself after getting an 08 hatch for my daughter after she totaled her Echo (this community has been full of great info about both). Love the cars, will probably look into getting one for my youngest daughter when/if her early-90s Camry eats it. However, part of the reason I was able to get the Sedan cheapish was some random cosmetic things -- like the previous owner tried to install a stereo and did a poor job. It was the non-integrated stereo model previously. He put a single-DIN unit into one of those Metra mount and pocket kits, but it doesn't appear to be attached properly to the front of opening so the whole contraption is constantly falling back into the dash. Upon some quick googling, it looks like they didn't move the mounting brackets from the factory stereo, so it's not mounted properly at all.

I'm sure those brackets are long gone, so does anybody know the part number(s) for those so I can acquire some new ones (or have a wrecked one that they want to toss the brackets from)?

Thanks in advance!
orty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 06:04 PM   #2
orty

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Replying to myself here, in case anybody is searching for this information (as I found a Toyota dealer online who was willing to give me part numbers and not just try to sell me a screw for $40).

Basically, the brackets part numbers are thus (one for each side -- they're slightly different and are sold separately):

86211-52210
86212-52220

If you want the screws, too, instead of going down to your local hardware store, you 4 of each of these:
90153-50010
90159-50372

The dealer I chatted with said one was for attaching the bracket to the factory radio, the other was for attaching the bracket to the car.

Hope that helps somebody!
orty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 09:42 PM   #3
momoivanoff

Drives: Yaris 2009 Hatchback
I would send you the brackets and screws for free if you cover the shipping.
momoivanoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 09:52 PM   #4
momoivanoff

Drives: Yaris 2009 Hatchback
P.S. I could send you a Scion Pioneer radio that is plug-and-play as well with the brackets but that would be a bigger/more expensive package to ship.
momoivanoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 02:52 PM   #5
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
you can snatch the brackets off amazon for about 8$ as several dozen toyotas use the same brackets

you WILL need to either go double din and get the side plastics or get the weird metra pocket AND side panels..id recommend going with a dual brand mechless doubledin head unit if your on the cheep..ive had exceptional luck with them, in fact i actualy like them over my pioneer as the controls, and os are simply smoother..at 1/4 the cost..sound quality is identical
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote