Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-27-2022, 03:12 PM   #19
remcafee

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris 3 door
you should cut the bump stops, the instruction manual on the tein springs say to cut bump stops 1/2 an inch
remcafee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 03:17 PM   #20
remcafee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neinris View Post
I did not trim the bump stops, it think I still have 3-4 inches of travel left. I tested her out on the road where there’s a lot of bumps and pits, nothing too extreme. What a huge difference the new struts make. She used to feel like she was bottoming out when I used to hit those same bumps and pits, shaking the whole chassis, but now she feels like a regular ride. I’m really happy with them.
if you cut the bumpstops you might get the front down a little lower, more than likely you are riding on the bump stops right now because they are stock height and lowered springs, it will also limit the length of strut rod travel so you are not getting the full potential of that struts performance because it cant "compress" as it was designed to do
Old 09-27-2022, 08:36 PM   #21
Neinris

Drives: 08 Yaris 3 Door Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by remcafee View Post
if you cut the bumpstops you might get the front down a little lower, more than likely you are riding on the bump stops right now because they are stock height and lowered springs, it will also limit the length of strut rod travel so you are not getting the full potential of that struts performance because it cant "compress" as it was designed to do
Oh... Thanks! I didn't know that... I'll see if I have time to mess with her this weekend.
I ordered a pair of adjustable sway bar links, 300-360mm, but they're meant for Hondas.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/18476889220...0d22%7Ciid%3A1

They have 10mm end bolts, but I talked to the seller, and they're supposedly including the adaptors for 12mm. Like what's on these other pair.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/13337489990...0d22%7Ciid%3A1
Hopefully they work. I have a clunking noise, even before I replaced the struts, I'm hoping it's just from bad sway bar links, but I'm afraid it might be from a worn sway bar bushing.
Neinris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 03:31 PM   #22
remcafee

hows the control arms? check the back bolt, its common they break off inside the subframe
Old 09-28-2022, 06:13 PM   #23
Neinris

Drives: 08 Yaris 3 Door Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by remcafee View Post
hows the control arms? check the back bolt, its common they break off inside the subframe
Sorry I didn’t mean to hijack this discussion. The lower control arm back bolts are fine. I know because I replaced the bushings to the lower control arms just a little over a year ago. And I had the clunking issues then already. I’ve inspected the sway bar bushings and they seemed fine, but can’t really count them out yet.

Back to trimming the bump stop, my ride doesn’t feel like I’m not even bottoming out. And I’ve tested before and after I went with the Bilstein B8, and the ride is a lot comfortable now. With the stock strut I was bottoming out, and the bump stop was stock length also. So I don’t know if I should trim or not.
Neinris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
daily driver, lowering springs, tein