Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-19-2006, 02:47 AM   #19
birdy
I stay G'd Up

Drives: 02 wrx wagon
Send a message via AIM to birdy
hey does anybody know what lug pattern and offset the yaris needs?
birdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:41 PM   #20
yarisnewfrontier

Drives: silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy
hey does anybody know what lug pattern and offset the yaris needs?

Hello Birdy!!! My name is Laura and I work at Koons Tysons Toyota in Vienna, VA. I've got a picture showing the 15 in aluminum alloy wheels with 4 lugs. Now, do me a favor, and please tell me what you mean by offset. Are we talking about "footprint" or a wheel base............or what? Tell me what your idea of offset is and I will find you the answer.

As a matter of fact, if you have any questions about the Yaris, I can answer them. Koons will have the largest initial allocation of the Yaris on the east coast. And I am going to make it my business to know everything there is to know about this vehicle before it hits the ground. One more note: my first Yaris arrives on the lot on 17 March 2006.

If interested I am already taking preorders for both the sedan and the liftback.

Laura Schumann
Internet Sales
Koons Tysons Toyota
703-989-6830 cell
yarisnewfrontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:08 PM   #21
echo_hrs
Around the universe...

Drives: Uber-Evolved Pokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisnewfrontier
Hello Birdy!!! My name is Laura and I work at Koons Tysons Toyota in Vienna, VA. I've got a picture showing the 15 in aluminum alloy wheels with 4 lugs. Now, do me a favor, and please tell me what you mean by offset. Are we talking about "footprint" or a wheel base............or what? Tell me what your idea of offset is and I will find you the answer.
Offset is the distance of the rim centre from the inside of the wheel versus the distance to the outside of the wheel...

Bolt pattern on the Yaris is 4 x 100, wheel centre bore is Toyota standard 54.1...

Offset on the yaris is a positive offset, ranging from +38 to +50, depending on the width...

The TRD 17 inch alloys for the JDM Vitz are +50...

I don't know what the factory 15 inch alloy offset is...

Cheers
echo_hrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:49 AM   #22
yarisnewfrontier

Drives: silver
Good day!!

Hello again!!!
Thanks for the info Echo!!! That's why I love forums- two heads are better than one and it's all about teamwork ......to provide more info on birdy's initial question now that the offset question has become crystal clear- thanks Echo!!- the positive offset for the 15 in. alloy wheels is +40.
Have a great day everyone!!!

Laura Schumann
Internet Sales
Koons Tysons Toyota
yarisnewfrontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:28 PM   #23
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs
Hopefully this board will be friendlier to us new Canadian Yaris owners...
Our Echo Hatchback siblings up here have been tough on us...
ROFL, too funny. Better to have our own forum then be on echo drivers though, that is for sure.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 08:30 AM   #24
Peterama

Drives: 06 yaris
Hi guys just got my blazing blue Yaris LE 4 door ...jan 23 and it realy is as much fun as it looks....I was thinking of leasing the car but fell so in love with it that I bought it out right and Im keeping it for ever...hope to talk to you guys about what it takes to keep this gem always on the road
Peterama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:01 PM   #25
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
Since I'm gonna get a yaris in hopefully a couple months its very nice to find a website with folks that have expierence with one. All comments are very positive. Now if only toyota would start shipping them to the usa. Impaiently waiting.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:49 AM   #26
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by foober
Since I'm gonna get a yaris in hopefully a couple months its very nice to find a website with folks that have expierence with one. All comments are very positive. Now if only toyota would start shipping them to the usa. Impaiently waiting.
I know how you feel. My wait between the day I put my deposit down and the day I took delivery was about two months. Believe me, the car is worth waiting for .
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:48 AM   #27
Ziv
It's all about VVTI

Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
Love my Yaris, thanx for you all having this forum.

Ziv on Vitz.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:54 PM   #28
celica girl

Drives: '00 Celica, '07 Yaris
Hello,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I currently have an '87 celica, '00 celica and now I have a '07 Yaris on order!

This is my celica (before I got the CF hood)

Jackie
celica girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:12 PM   #29
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by celica girl
Hello,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I currently have an '87 celica, '00 celica and now I have a '07 Yaris on order!

This is my celica (before I got the CF hood)

Jackie
How long did your dealship say it would be till you got your yaris. And I'm guessing you'll get the maxed out model. Thats some celica.. My dealership said late march to april. And i live in montana. The canadian folks are already getting theres. Its looking like if you don't preorder it might be hard to get one.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:03 PM   #30
as400g33k

Drives: 05 YRS Silver Lining Metallic
welcome cg! nice celica...

don't forget to post at member's rides for pics of your rides!
as400g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:38 AM   #31
swng

Welcome! The Celica has for once been my dream car. Somehow it still is. It is nice to see that the number of members is growing so fast.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:52 PM   #32
swng

Of the several new boards concerning the Yaris that I have been keeping an eye on lately, this one has the fastest membership growing rate. We must have chosen the right place. Don't ask me what the others are .
Old 02-04-2006, 12:59 AM   #33
AngryBusDriver

Drives: 2006 Yaris 'B', 3dr
Hey all!

Just thought I'd say hello and all that jazz. I am lookin' forward to some of the discussions on these sweet little cars.
AngryBusDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:05 AM   #34
swng

You bet, and welcome!
Old 02-05-2006, 12:06 AM   #35
vicpai

Drives: '00 Lexus LS 400/'00 Metro HB
Smile First off, Hi to everyone!!!....

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisnewfrontier

As a matter of fact, if you have any questions about the Yaris, I can answer them. Koons will have the largest initial allocation of the Yaris on the east coast. And I am going to make it my business to know everything there is to know about this vehicle before it hits the ground. One more note: my first Yaris arrives on the lot on 17 March 2006.

If interested I am already taking preorders for both the sedan and the liftback.

Laura Schumann
Internet Sales
Koons Tysons Toyota
703-989-6830 cell
.....simply amazed there is already a forum up for this AMAZING BEAUTY OF A VEHICLE!!!!!!!!!!!

This car is a DREAM-COME-TRUE for me (I'm talking of the LIFTBACK, not the sedan).

Laura, I'm wondering if I can ask you some questions??.

Here's my dilemma: While, ON PAPER, this car seems simply awesome, I'm concerned how the REALITY will be: Specifically what I'm talking about is the REAL-WORLD availability of the so called "options". For example, with the previous Echo, Toyota bragged till the cows came home, about safety features like ABS being available....However try finding one at a dealership so equipped and you know what I'm talking about!! (Toyota is really famous for doing these kinds of things!!!)

Now, my big concern is the availabilty of SIDE-CURTAIN AIRBAGS. This is an ABSOLUTE MUST-HAVE, WILL-NOT-COMPROMISE-ON option, but I can already "sense" that when these vehicles actually arrive at dealerships, virtually all vehicles will come WITHOUT these life-saving devices, because a majority of the American public is too stupid to spend the 600 bucks on something that may mean the difference between their LIFE AND DEATH .....Please tell me I'm wrong and that the dealerships will order most vehicles WITH Side curtain airbags?? .....This becomes especially important because the other "MUST-HAVE" is a Manual transmission!!!....a car such as this is simply not right with an automatic!!!

In a nutshell this is what I'm looking for:

LIFTBACK
5-speed Manual
Side-Curtain Airbags
would like the 15" alloys, but flexible on this
(Flexible on all other options, because I know how difficult it is to get the options you want on a Toyota product)

Do you think the above configuration is realistic???

Thanks in advance for your response!!!
vicpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:27 AM   #36
celica girl

Drives: '00 Celica, '07 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by foober
How long did your dealship say it would be till you got your yaris. And I'm guessing you'll get the maxed out model. Thats some celica.. My dealership said late march to april. And i live in montana. The canadian folks are already getting theres. Its looking like if you don't preorder it might be hard to get one.
I was told that my yaris would be here either late march or early april. Hopefully I get it sooner! I don't think any of the '07s have been delivered in Canada yet but I could be wrong.
celica girl is offline   Reply With Quote