Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Southwest
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-27-2009, 10:26 PM   #37
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Think the OP is pissed he bought a Pontiac now?
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #38
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Drives: '09 Yaris
I guess it depends on what kind he bought. I'd think that some of the more collectible Pontiac models will see their price start to go up now.

S.R.

SaerinRhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #39
tekmoe
ex-yaris owner

Drives: 08 solstice gxp, 06 triumph s3
Send a message via AIM to tekmoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Think the OP is pissed he bought a Pontiac now?
Careful, Charles...I'm still around...

I have no regret buying my Solstice when I did. It's an absolute kick ass car and I have enjoyed every single second of owning it.

I'm really glad to see more Texas Yaris owners. When I started this club up there was really only a small handful of interested patrons. But it now appears there are quite a few. I scrolled a few posts up and actually saw some of you guys had a meet?! That's awesome!!!

I really wanted to keep the txyarisclub.com website but I've been so busy with life in general that I had no way to maintain it so I let it expire. Maybe someone might be interested in starting it back up. I think I still have a bunch of the txyarisclub.com stickers I had made. I'd be willing to give them to whoever wants to start the site back up.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #40
bradfucious
Red Dwarf II

Drives: Red 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to bradfucious Send a message via MSN to bradfucious Send a message via Yahoo to bradfucious
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekmoe View Post
Careful, Charles...I'm still around...

I really wanted to keep the txyarisclub.com website but I've been so busy with life in general that I had no way to maintain it so I let it expire. Maybe someone might be interested in starting it back up. I think I still have a bunch of the txyarisclub.com stickers I had made. I'd be willing to give them to whoever wants to start the site back up.
Were it not for my impending move to the Pacific Northwest, I'd be all over starting it back up. But Seattle is calling my name :)
bradfucious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:01 PM   #41
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Ok folks, it's time to schedule another meet for the folks in DFW group. I'm looking at the calendar now and there's a few dates that come to mind but it's a little tight for the next month.

Possible Dates:
May 9-10 (10th is Mother's Day)
May 16-17 (16th is Armed Forces Day)
May 23-24 (25th is Memorial Day Observed)
May 30-31 (30th is actually Memorial Day)

June 6-7 (empty)
June 13-14 (14th is Flag Day)
June 20-21 (21 is Father's Day)
June 27-28 (empty)

Possible locations:
Keller's Drive-In
Other suggestions welcome!

Ok folks, there's the official holiday list coming up so let's pick a date and pick a location.

S.R.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:50 PM   #42
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
I just got laid off so my schedule just cleared up. I don't know of to many places to meet up but keller's Is about an hour drive away. What about something around or near where the auto-x was? If not that's ok too.
lilredrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:25 PM   #43
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

I'm sorry to hear about that LilRed. Too many people are being hurt by this economy crap. I don't know what line of work you were in but if it's ok for me to put in a shameless plug, you might try looking at Pepsi's website below. It's where I work as a contractor and it's a decent place to be. If it's not ok to have that link posted, please let me know and I'll remove it asap.

http://www.pepsico.com/Careers.aspx

Meeting close to the location of the AutoX is a great idea. It took me about an hour to drive to the AutoX but I stayed on city streets and didn't take the highway.

I have no idea about where to meet over there so someone will have to find a place that could work. I will gladly come out to a meet over there.

S.R.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:34 PM   #44
Lazerdot

Drives: Blazing Blue 08 liftback
Hi Guys,

I'll be available most anytime on a weekend. I'll be our race director at NTK and have a committement on the 16th. Keep me posted and I'll be there if I'm not working.
Lazerdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:08 AM   #45
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Ok... so I'm putting the dates on a big round spinning board thingy. I'm spinning the board and watching the dates go whirling around and around. Now I'm dizzy... Round and round it goes, where it stops, nobody knows...

And the date is?

May 17th

Ok folks, there you have it. May 17th for the next DFW meeting and Yaris Yak (thank you lazerdot ). I'm setting a tentative location as Keller's Drive-In unless someone suggests something closer to the Mid-cities area. And please feel free to suggest another location if you know of a place where we can gather in hordes and plot word domination over cheeseburgers and milkshakes.

I'd really like to get a group organized. I've seen lots of Yarii (is there a correct plural for us?) on the road between Garland and Plano but I don't have cards yet to be passing out to folks. I'm being lazy on making some up.

Anyway, clear your calendars folks and lets meet.

S.R.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:11 AM   #46
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

ok ill try to be there
Old 05-06-2009, 10:18 AM   #47
Lazerdot

What time did you plan. Later is best on this end. I'd like to try out my spring stiffeners at the Porche club autocross earlier that day. Let me know as I have not made a plan yet.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #48
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

I guess it would help if I set a time. I agree with you Lazerdot and would like to have it later in the afternoon. Keller's is open from 11am - 11pm on Sundays (I just called them to verify this) and so we could probably start at 6:30pm or 7:00pm. We don't have to stay until 11pm but that gives us a while to sit and chat and have a couple of milkshakes.

We can adjust the time as needed.

Also Lazerdot, what time is the auto-x that you're going to that day and where's it at? If it's not too far out I'd like to come out again and see. This time I'd like to get there before everything's done though, unlike last time when I got there too late.

S.R.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #49
Lazerdot

Question

The AX starts at 8am. Maybe OZMDD will show up with his white Yaris....?
Old 05-12-2009, 10:40 AM   #50
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

I'll be there.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #51
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Where is this auto-x at?
Old 05-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #52
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

If I'm not mistaken it's at Pennington Field in Bedford, Tx. Lazerdot will have to verify that though.

S.R.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:57 PM   #53
Lazerdot

Thanks for coming to the second? Yaris club meeting. Jeff, keep up the organizing. I talked to Mike Enstrom at Kam Karting, we can get a pit pass discount at his track during his races. $5 dollars each. Might be an option for a meet sometime. I'm planning on the Houston trip, if allowed.... I know, geezz.
I attached a couple pictures.
Lori Liked the Yaris Yak idea and is enthusiastic about more of them.

Attached Images

Old 05-19-2009, 01:24 AM   #54
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

It was nice meeting you Jeff. I really hope you guys get to go on sunday to Houston. It gets lonely down there. haha