Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #19
sasquatch

Drives: 04.:R32, 87 Scirocco, 07 yaris
Without muckin up this thread because there can be a lot of good information can be exchanged here from the few of us experienced with air ride on yaris'

But to the ksport people: do you have any pictures of the Yaris specific kit even if it is not installed on a car. I'm interested in seeing the front struts and rear bag mount setup to compare it to our(dinoeggxo) kit. Because the stock photo on the site is 100% not a Yaris kit.

Mods: if you read this, with the growing interest and threads about air ride anyway to get a sticky of this or a new official air ride thread as a easy to find source for any questions about air? I/we are by no means professionals but we were very involved with our kit and have several friends with more experience and contacts for interested parties.
sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #20
KsportUSA

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
Without muckin up this thread because there can be a lot of good information can be exchanged here from the few of us experienced with air ride on yaris'

But to the ksport people: do you have any pictures of the Yaris specific kit even if it is not installed on a car. I'm interested in seeing the front struts and rear bag mount setup to compare it to our(dinoeggxo) kit. Because the stock photo on the site is 100% not a Yaris kit.

Mods: if you read this, with the growing interest and threads about air ride anyway to get a sticky of this or a new official air ride thread as a easy to find source for any questions about air? I/we are by no means professionals but we were very involved with our kit and have several friends with more experience and contacts for interested parties.
Dont have a picture of the specific air kit, we have recently just started to upload hi-res pictures of our kits and the Yaris hasnt been done since we have had some one come in recently (within last 4mo).

Here is a picture of the coilovers set up though (see attached), the Yaris kit would be identical witht he change of where the spring is there will be a sleeve over bag (not double bellow style) and the shocks will be specific to the air suspension set up.

Sleeve over bag vs double bellow
Attached Files
File Type: pdf YARIS 06-UP.pdf (37.4 KB, 50 views)
KsportUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #21
DINOeggxo

Drives: white yaris hatchback.
hmm id be interested to see how low your kit goes. has it been installed on any cars yet?
DINOeggxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #22
KsportUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DINOeggxo View Post
hmm id be interested to see how low your kit goes. has it been installed on any cars yet?
the pictures above are vehicles with out air suspension on it.

Your car will literally sit on the ground no problems at all. Reason is because they are double adjustable, you can adjust by the lower mount to set a "static" height, then you can raise and lower with the air bag.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #23
KsportUSA

Also forgot to mention the shock provided with these air kits are also damping adjustable also for when you are at the static height you can get a nice stiff or softer ride.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #24
KsportUSA

E46 M3 in New York, done by Illusions Customs

Old 06-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #25
sasquatch

Dinoeggxo's kit is also double adjustable in that way. Her maxed out static height is lower than her car was on just springs.

We were just curious if any kits had been installed in hopes of maybe seeing a compaisson in the future.

Without arguing of course: we do know that to ge any lower than she is, removing fender liners, and notching the frame is necessary. To get as low as she is the front sway bar had to be remove ad well, otherwise the car slammed would sit almost 1/2-1" higher. So regardless the kit is not "bolt in and lay it on the ground". The placement of the front sway bar requires removal to get low.

That is just some additional info for people interested in bagging. Yes this kit appears to be bolt in, but there is additional work or modification required to lay it completely on the ground. And yes her struts actually have adjustable sway bar mounts on the strut, but to get low the sway bar must be lost as is the case with lots of cars.

Again not trying to bash your product as im sure it is quality. just pointing out some minor oversights about getting yhr car on the ground.

One other thing on the topic of management: dinoegg's managent is sufferer as well it is all digital, 8 presets, individual bag pressures, tank pressure and diagnostics all in a hand held switch about the size of a iPhone. No need for mounting any gauges on thr dash or in thr car.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #26
KsportUSA

Completely true with things needing to be modified to lay your car on the ground, anyone would know this considering your suspension isnt really meant to travel that low (and high in some cases).

We promote our kit as bolt on in terms if you do not have to cut up the factory suspension. So yes you can completely bolt on our air suspension. This would be the same thing with coilovers they promote as bolt on also, but if you want your car to get extremely low, there are known modifications needed to be done.

Let me know if you guys have any more questions more than willing to answer.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:10 PM   #27
sasquatch

Agreed on your kit being bolt in, it is 100% bolt in no arguments there. I was just pointing out the minor details to anyone interested in going air but does not know a lot on the topic. I did not want people assuming it's a bolt in and lay it on the ground type deal.

air ride hasn't caught on in the Yaris community yet like it has in the Vw, Audi, BMW, Honda, scion etc... Communities. My main goal is to help ad many interested people as I can get the best information possible, thankfully I even have first had experience on yhe Yaris too. Hopefully we can see more yaeis' on air because they look amazing!

I agree ksport makes a nice product. I was sad to see that there were no camber plates available for Vw R32's when I was shopping for them a few months ago. And I didn't see any track spec suspension for the R either.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:26 PM   #28
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Hi Dinoegg. I searched through some old threads on this site. Pics are in those threads.
first zombie thread
second zombie thread
chexmix zombie thread (also on AirRunners) and zombie pics from chexmix
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #29
DINOeggxo

Drives: white yaris hatchback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Hi Dinoegg. I searched through some old threads on this site. Pics are in those threads.
first zombie thread
second zombie thread
chexmix zombie thread (also on AirRunners) and zombie pics from chexmix
loves it! Thankyou!
DINOeggxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:52 AM   #30
jerome
Toyota

Drives: '11 5dr/5spd yaris
a lot of great info, guys. thanks for sharing.

time to start mapping this all out!
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:14 AM   #31
chexmix

Drives: scion xb
lol i got spoiled from raising and lowering my car.. especially when i stay park.. i drop it all the way down.. when get speed bumps.. i air it up.. no more angling car...
chexmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #32
sasquatch

Since none have been added yet, Here are a few quick snaps of Dinoegg's trunk setup

As you can see it's totally useable, back seats folded down too

And here is all the good stuff
Old 06-19-2012, 08:50 PM   #33
jerome
Toyota

Drives: '11 5dr/5spd yaris
wow, that shit is stealth. love it.

i got in touch with dan@airlift yesterday. waiting for his parts list and $ breakdown
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:51 PM   #34
ljming99

Drives: Yaris '06
I posted this somewhere before.

You can also consider Air rex Air suspension. They have a kit for yaris as well.

http://airrex-usa.com/applications.html
ljming99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #35
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljming99 View Post
You can also consider Air rex Air suspension. They have a kit for yaris as well.
Need pictures of Yaris with this kit.
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #36
sasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljming99 View Post

http://airrex-usa.com/applications.html
Looks interesting, but the price is damn steep. 2300 for yhe front struts and rear bags. Then their air management, tank, compressor, and valves is another 2600. That's ovet 5k without any install labor. Not to mention the tank is only a 3 gallon tank and 1 compressor. Dinoegg is into her setup installed for less than that price, and has (2) 380cc compressors and a 5 gallon tank.

Kit looks nice, just saying.