Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-17-2014, 04:58 AM   #1
FTWhitledge
I've made a post!

Drives: Black '10 Yaris 2D Auto
Question Connecting Stock AUX to Aftermarket Stereo

So I have a 2010 3dr and I'm installing my aftermarket stereo. I have the stock AUX port under the E brake and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a harness adapter that I can use to connect the 20 pin connector (with 5 wires) to a 3.5mm jack so I can plug that into my new stereo input.

All I've been able to find on the internet is these adapters which have the female 20 pin end.

http://www.amazon.com/3-5MM-Plated-A...Adapter+toyota

I'm looking for the same cable that terminates with a male end instead like what's in the stock unit (far right port) so that I can connect that to the female harness in my dash.

(borrowed pic)

I'm trying to avoid cutting the OEM wiring but I realize that if anything, I could just purchase the adapter off amazon, cut the female end off, and attach individual pins to the wires and insert them into the correct ports in my AUX harness to achieve the same effect. I'd just rather not have to do that :P

Any suggestions?
FTWhitledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 01:37 AM   #2
VajazzleMcDildertits

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Hatch Base
Hah - I'm having the same issue in my '08 right now. I take it that this went unsolved 8 years ago? Unless they replied via dm.
VajazzleMcDildertits is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aftermarket, aux adapter, stereo