Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-15-2013, 04:08 AM   #1
justfillingtime
I've made a post!

Drives: Bog Standard Yaris
Driver Side Wiper Issue

Hi All,

This is my first post as I've search the web and couldn't find an answer to my question, so thought I'd register here and see what I could find out.

Basicly I have a small issue with my driver side wiper blade. The blade keeps hitting the passenger side on the down stroke as it reaches the bonnet. The driver side blade also now leaves a bigger gap between the edge of the windscreen and the piller.

This started after some snow fall a few weeks back, and that build up of snow you get at the edge of the windscreen. Its almost as if the wiper is out of sync a little.

Hope this makes sense. Any help would be greatful, as the constant 'thump, thump' of the of the wipers hitting each other is starting to grate!
justfillingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:51 AM   #2
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
Are you sure you have the right size wipers?
Maybe one of them got bent out of alignment and a bit of gentle bending is required to get them back into alignment
Old 02-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #3
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
The wiper arm has slipped on the mounting spindle.

Pop the black plastic cap off of the wiper arm base, remove the nut, lift off the arm and put it back on in a slightly higher position. Tighten the nut back on and replace the plastic cap.