Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
Flyingmatdes

Drives: Yaris 2011
Question Yaris with new audio DPS module installed - Gadget or really increasing sound quality

Hi Folks, I'm new on this forum and I like it already... nice to have a Yaris forum.

I'm unfortunately not an Yaris owner, but I'm planning to buy one in following months.

I saw that (in Canada) we havee an optional sound enhancer module sold for almost 350$ called DPS from Bongiovi acoustic. It's supposed to enhanced (and correct) the sound pattern in your car. The nice thing is this module is supposed to work with your Yaris factory speaker....no need to change them...

I'm wondering if this module worth it's price or I rather choose better speaker without spending 350$ on a DPS module...

Somebody tried the difference in a Yaris ?
Flyingmatdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Understand the factory radio and speakers are about an 8 watt system......tuned to give fair at best performance cause it was a gimme with an econo car.....So this gives you an idea of the performance to expect.The idea of adding on a 350 dollar "perfomance inhancer" to a system that cost toyota maybe....25 dollars per car?
I'm not dissing the yaris, I'm saying dont put that money into a stock radio. Go to the audio part of the forum and READ. There are a bunch of great ideas and really helpfull people to guide you in the right direction. and help you put you money in the right direction.
I'm also not saying the product is bad, I actually no nothing about it at all. It maybe worth twice the price. Just not on our stock radio's.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:56 PM   #3
Flyingmatdes

re...

Ok thanks, good advise. I never saw stock speaker on yaris... 8 watts, wow what's a pitty...
Old 04-17-2011, 11:25 PM   #4
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
When the speakers are matched to the output, it can be fairly good, but you have to have realistic expectations is all.
I listened to a set of Klipsch Horns, (which are one of the most efficient speakers made) Rattle the windows of a showroom on a 15 watt per channel tube amp. Sometimes it can be amazing. This just aint it.....LOL
Old 04-18-2011, 08:29 AM   #5
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
lol, when i replaced mine i couldnt understand how on earth they worked. the magnet on them wouldnt pick up a screw. it was also maybe about the size of a $0.25 coin.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:37 PM   #6
Flyingmatdes

Question re...

Well well... of course if speakers don't have enough power to produce deep bass, that's why they aren't that efficient in a car... in fact, those speaker might be almost good as a High-Medium speaker, somewhere between tweeter and mid range...

I will post another thread in the audio section to see if some canadian folks already tried the DPS module (even with better speaker).

Well I say Canadian because I think this module is only available here in Canada.

regards,
Old 04-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #7
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
That DSP thing you're talking about DOES sound amazing when I heard it in a Corolla at the auto show. But there's no way I'd spend that kink of money on a crappy factory system when $350 could buy you a fairly decent setup of speakers and head unit.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:55 PM   #8
Flyingmatdes

dps...

Many thanks Bluevitz-rs...
Old 04-19-2011, 12:50 AM   #9
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Yeah, I'd say go for it if it was like, 100-150, but 350 is way too much. It did make the stock 4 speaker system in that Corolla sound way better, but not $350 better.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bongiovi, dps, sound enhancer, speaker