Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-10-2015, 02:04 PM   #37
aspro

Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
Oh and drop some locktite around both sides of the spacer and around the threads of the new bolts before you bundle everything back up. I also took the time to clean up the brakes as well since i was in there. And be careful with the abs sensor it was a big pain in my ass when trying to seperate the plug. Clean those out as well before you reconnect. Just some preventative stuff that goes a long way.

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 03:50 PM   #38
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Thanks guys. Ended up getting it off w/ an air chisel, prybar and lots of PB blaster. I made sure I installed with anti seize.

Question now is how the heck would you remove the hub from the brake backing plate if you ever needed to replace the hub bearing?

My guess is remove the shoes and springs and us an a chisel? I couldn't believe how stuck on the hubs were.

I'm still on my stock rims as i'm not installing my new ones until the spring. I installed with one camber washer on each bottom bolt and i'm liking the look. Slight negative camber without looking ridiculous or causing excessive tire wear.

When I install my rims i'm going to run camber bolts upfront as well to match the rear and make more clearance for the +35 and 6.5 wide rims.

I'll post pics shortly
Old 11-10-2015, 04:29 PM   #39
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
When I install my rims i'm going to run camber bolts upfront as well to match the rear and make more clearance for the +35 and 6.5 wide rims.

One of my sets of wheels were 17x7 +38 with 215 tires. Up front clearance was never an issue. Just an FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2015, 04:51 PM   #40
tmontague

^that's good to know, but after seeing Aspro's awesome wheel setup with a little rubbing with 3 other adults in the car I'm thinking I may have a little rubbing since I'll be 3mm wider. Mind you I'll be running stock 185 wide rubber until the tires run bare.

I never used locktite, just anti seize and I cleaned everything up with a wire wheel before installing. I just tested out the car going around the block and I don't know if it's all in my head but a big noticeable difference. It felt like my rear end was much more planted and stable. When I cut a corner sharp I didn't notice the rear end biting in as much as before. Wondering if this will reduce under steer a little with the negative camber and wider rear.

All pics are of the driver's rear.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:31 PM   #41
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Although aspro wasn't exactly clear, I suspect his rubbing occurred right rear which is exactly where I knew he would given enough load and spring compression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2015, 08:17 PM   #42
aspro

Yep, passenger side. I didnt say rear in my original post because i thought everyone would assume im talking about the rear. I think i read in the original pg thread to expect one side to stick out more than the other based on the position of the axle to the body from the factory. This is true. You cant really notice it though unless you really take an eye to it.

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
Old 11-10-2015, 08:22 PM   #43
aspro

Car looks good man! And it is true, you do feel a slight change in the behaviour of the car. You are widening its foot print which gives you that more planted feel. For me it was more of a feedback thing. I feel like i can better predict the cars behaviour going in and out of a corner at high speeds and it handles the body roll better now. Cant wait to see your setup with the new shoes come spring time.

Old 11-10-2015, 09:52 PM   #44
tmontague

Thanks man once I get the rims on it i'll upload some pics of my full set up with the interior and all.

Most of my mods have been focused on performance as opposed to appearance, but rims with a better stance make the Yaris a much better looking car. O and the retrofits help a lot as well
Old 11-14-2015, 07:39 AM   #45
Vitz_Q8

Drives: 3dr NCP90R
Thanks a lot guys for the pictures and the comments. Unfortunately I don't think we can reach enough number for a production run. What I'll try to do is to make a CAD design of the spacers then make it available for everyone to use here if the admins in the forum don't mind. I did this preliminary design, I'll try to change it a bit to avoid similarity with PG's design and will 3d print it, test the fitment then share it here for everyone. hopefully I'll be done with it within two weeks or so due to my very busy schedule. I'll keep you guys updated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (340.3 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled1.jpg (255.8 KB, 37 views)
Vitz_Q8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:10 AM   #46
4x4Dragon

Drives: '10 3dr LB-Blazing Blue
Dang:( I just returned to the Yaris family after having sold my 07.(sold this past spring and got a '15 Kia Forte5...just traded it in on a 2010 Yaris today). Anyways, sad to see MI closed down and now no availability for the hub spacers :(
4x4Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hub spacers, penguin garage, scion xd, vitz, yaris